Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Seth Pontiff
United States
Houma
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you play with just 1 hero when playing solo or should you play with a minimum of 2 heroes when going solo? The reason I'm asking is because the cost to look at an elder secret increases per the number of heroes. If you only use 1 hero, I'm not sure if the cost stays at 2 or goes down to 1 investigation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You absolutely can play with 1 hero. As you increase heroes, the villain gets stronger and investigating secrets becomes more expensive. I usually play solo with 3 heroes and enjoy the balance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fryd Pickles wrote:
Can you play with just 1 hero when playing solo or should you play with a minimum of 2 heroes when going solo? The reason I'm asking is because the cost to look at an elder secret increases per the number of heroes. If you only use 1 hero, I'm not sure if the cost stays at 2 or goes down to 1 investigation.

Pretty sure the cost doesn't go below 2 Investigations even with 1 Hero. Could be wrong though - don't yet have the Something Wicked expansion which has the solo rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Pontiff
United States
Houma
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just realized that the Something Wicked expansion has solo rules. It doesn't say anything about investigation costs being lowered, but it does have a "Lone Hero" rule set. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, Solo w/ just 1 Hero works great. My preferred method. Less to keep track of, more focused, & I really like the "one-on-one" of 1 Hero vs the Villain.

Not that running more Heroes is bad either.
---MS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played with one hero once and it worked really great but only with 2 boards. With the Coast board, the game just sorta feels empty. I wouldn't recommend one hero if you have all 3 boards set up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So what's the most Heroes anyone has played with? Game says up to 8 - anyone tried this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:
I played with one hero once and it worked really great but only with 2 boards. With the Coast board, the game just sorta feels empty. I wouldn't recommend one hero if you have all 3 boards set up.

I dunno. Some of mine fill up pretty quick...WITH MINIONS!!! laugh
---MS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:
So what's the most Heroes anyone has played with? Game says up to 8 - anyone tried this?

I've played a solo game with 5 heroes and a co-op game with 6. Both were fun but the solo game got a little cluttered and became hard to keep track of what all the heroes were doing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:

I've played a solo game with 5 heroes and a co-op game with 6. Both were fun but the solo game got a little cluttered and became hard to keep track of what all the heroes were doing.

Agreed - you do need quite a bit of table room for all the cards. I'm planning a Christmas-themed co-op with 6 - 8 using the Nutcracker Villian.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:
dorktron2000 wrote:
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:

Agreed - you do need quite a bit of table room for all the cards. I'm planning a Christmas-themed co-op with 6 - 8 using the Nutcracker Villian.

Same here, except with 3 or 4 heroes. Gotta love the Nutcracker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:
dorktron2000 wrote:
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:

Agreed - you do need quite a bit of table room for all the cards.

I bought a separate folding tray table for a variety of hobby uses. When playing ATOE w/ all 3 boards I use it JUST for all the card decks, which unclutters the table nicely.
---MS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.