Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Staffan Åberg
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I was thinking about giving Kingsburg to my brother in law for christmas.

However games in Sweden are quite pricy so I was thinking about doing some shopping at www.amazon.de?tag=article-geekdo07-21

Kingsburg is not language independent: "needs crib sheet or paste ups". And I was going for the cheap german edition

How would you appreciate such a gift? I was thinking about printing the sheets and put in the box.. The game feels just right for what he would like, but is it wrong to give away such a gift?

Or should I give him something else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be overjoyed.

There is a copy of the english rules here on BGG, just as you would get in an English version. Print that. Also print the rules clarifications and the players aids.

All under 'Files' here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/27162/kingsburg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think all you would need is a 'list' of what the buildings do. I don't remember a whole lot to it with language.

In fact the player boards and are think card stock. You could print up some translated for him and make it even more personal. Once you have the rules and the player boards, I think all the rest in Language independent.

I had a friend give me Um Reifenbreite last year for Christmas. He printed translations for me and gave me the translations with the game. I enjoyed the gift immensely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say if he's a gamer, he'll appreciate it.

but if he's not a "gamer" and just plays occasionally, then I'd say get him something in his own language.

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ani
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know...

If it were a game where I would just need a translation of the rules, it would be fine. But having to alter parts of the game with stickers and such-no I would not like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.