6 Posts

Way of the Dragon» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Turtle ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the point of the turtls special ability. I dont see at it is a good thg not to move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Fikes
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Muemmelmann wrote:
What is the point of the turtls special ability. I dont see at it is a good thg not to move.

What if your only possible move is to move your last turtle onto a number 1 space, ending the game (and losing because someone else still has a higher score)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Help me to help you! Help me to help you!
United States
Edmond
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mathgrant wrote:
Muemmelmann wrote:

What if your only possible move is to move your last turtle onto a number 1 space, ending the game (and losing because someone else still has a higher score)?

Or even if it isn't your last turtle. It may be on the last non-scoring space but you want to do better than that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly.

But even though, the turtle is the less powerful piece (I didn't intend to balance the pieces). That's why I always choose it.

My wife hates losing against me. But she hates losing against me even more when I play the turtle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I admit that there theoretically can be situations where you wouldn't move, but it is hard for me to see it turning a loss into a win in practice. It surprises me that you didn't intend to balance the pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Muemmelmann wrote:
I admit that there theoretically can be situations where you wouldn't move, but it is hard for me to see it turning a loss into a win in practice.

It happened to me several times

Quote:
It surprises me that you didn't intend to balance the pieces.

Why? I let the pieces unbalanced in order to balance the game when playing with non gamers/kids...

And remember that the special powers are optional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.