Subject: Distribution of the Characters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan S.
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Players are randomly dealt character cards.

2. Place cache on unused colors of zombie leader wheel.

3. Players place their characters on their colored standees.

4. ???

I don't understand how the placing of the characters on the board during setup is meant to work. Clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Starting with the player to the right of the starting player, that player must place all of their characters on the board but they can only have once character per location. This is explained by saying that the player must assign a location card to each character. Kinda confusing but it accomplishes one character per location.

THEN, going counter-clockwise, each player places their characters in the same manner. This means that the first player places their characters last.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan S.
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks mate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure it's one character at a time for each player, actually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Walsh
United Kingdom
Ware
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When we played each player placed all his characters!

One character at a time would be better - since it means the last player (player 1) to place characters might find that every location is full up!

Which would mean that all his characters are out in the open - harsh!

Keep those zombies away from me ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This happened in a 6 player game and the first player, with most folks in the crossroads, has no place to go BUT the crossroads.

I think i'll change it to select location cards and then flip one at a time to place character. If that location is full, character goes to crossroads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Thomas
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
^ I'll try that as well... one at a time seems more fair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Louie
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My friends and I played for the first time last night and interpreted the rules to mean the first player places ALL of his characters first, then the next player places all characters, etc... But looking back, taking turns placing one at a time makes more sense. The wording in the rule book is a bit ambiguous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe this was answered in a previous post.

Players will draw a number of location cards at random equal to the number of characters they control.

Starting with the player to the right of the first-player token, each player places ALL of their characters, as they like, among the location cards drawn. Only once that player has finished placing all of their characters may the next player place theirs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.