Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been trying to think of a good scenario to create where one of the 6 players is a bad guy. Kind of like the guy who backstabs the group to save himself. I was thinking of making it random, so everyone would draw a card, and one player would be "it" but it would be kept secret all game long.

Maybe have objectives for the group to collect and escape, but you'd have to find keys to a car or something to finally leave. The group would win if they all escape, and the one guy would win if he can be the first one to leave. This would mean that the "bad player" would turn on the group, possibly shooting them, so that he could get the keys and then escape on his own.

I don't know...thought it might be interesting, but then everyone might hate that player after he kills them and runs off to win the game

Any ideas or opinions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the high lethality of Zombicide, I think you'd want to be careful about allowing the "traitor" to just open fire at the last moment and wipe everyone out.

You'd also want a way for the group to potentially get ideas about the traitor during the course of the game, rather than just waiting until the end.

Lots of thematic possibilities. Perhaps the "traitor" has contracted some form of zombie disease. Maybe the traitor was responsible for a major disaster and wants to get out alive but cover their tracks. Maybe they are trying to get out with bio-weapon samples that everyone else would (strongly) disapprove of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True about the lethality...might be too easy for the traitor to just kill off the survivors and reach the end. Hmm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foksieloy
Croatia
flag msg tools
You need kulen.
badge
How can you have any pudding?
mbmbmbmbmb
How about traitor cannot directly shoot at teammates, but he wins if zombies wipeout the rest.
Alternatively, he might have some other objective, like run away from the map with some supplies or something else that might conflict with other survivors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd also consider ramping down the zombie spawning. It can be hard enough with all players cooperating, but with one actively working against the group it could get much worse. Perhaps restrict spawning to yellow maximum, or require that two characters have levelled up before the threat level changes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
foksieloy wrote:
How about traitor cannot directly shoot at teammates, but he wins if zombies wipeout the rest.
Alternatively, he might have some other objective, like run away from the map with some supplies or something else that might conflict with other survivors.

This is kind of what I had in mind, but the only problem is that what if the other survivors find all the supplies first? There would have to be some special action where he would be allowed to "steal" the item.

Looks like this idea might be too hard to implement. It might just be easier to have a free for all and whoever exits first wins, but that would give a big advantage to Josh and Wanda.

Well, gotta think about this some more...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.