Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Crocker
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know what this game is? It has 5 six-sided dice. On each side of all dice is one standard card symbol (either a spade, heart, club, or diamond), with two exceptions. One side of one die has a horseshoe, and one side of another die has what looks like a "dog house". I have these dice, but no rules. If I had a name, I could find out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
Re: Name of Dice game?
I think those are standard Poker dice:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/10502

EDIT: Just so I don't look like a complete idiot, please note that the "They are not Poker dice" part of the title wasn't there when I replied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kice
United States
Shorewood
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
Just so I don't look like a complete idiot, please note that the "They are not Poker dice" part of the title wasn't there when I replied.

Suuuuuuuure. Riiiiiight...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crocker
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank , but they are NOT poker dice. (I have some). There are no values of cards like in poker dice...just a SINGLE symbol (spade, heart diamond club....and the odd horseshoe and doghouse.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Wasserman
United States
Somewhere
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't compute. cry

6 sides, 4 card suits, one horseshoe here, and one doghouse there. None of the sides is blank, which means that the card suits are in a weird combination. angry

30 sides: 4 card suits, 7 times each, +2. Perhaps the suits are ranked: spades, hearts, diamonds, clubs; and there is a chart for determining points on a given roll of the dice (an easily remembered chart). Horseshoe might be a wild "card"; doghouse might mean no points this turn. What does it mean when they both turn up (one out of 36 times)? It sounds like a poker-dice variant, in which the suits and colors are the only features being considered. ninja

All of which doesn't answer your question. Yet. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crocker
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, I appologize to Nekura...I DID add the "not poker dice" statement to the title after his reply (because I didn't want to look like a complete idiot...and I wanted the thread to stay somewhat alive).

And to CrocWrestler, the combination of 7 sides each (of the 30 total die sides), showing either one spade, or one heart, or one club, or one diamond, plus one side showing a horse shoe and one side showing a doghouse...equals 30 sides(6 dice), and that makes perfect sense to me.

But that is NOT the case here. The count for each card suit is,
9 clubs,
8 diamonds,
6 hearts,
5 spades,
1 horseshoe,
1 doghouse.
So you may be on to something about the idea of ranking suits.
If it helps, the dice are 5/8 or 16mm, and they are wooden. All markings are either the appropriate red or black, except the horseshoe which is golden.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Wasserman
United States
Somewhere
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, the order of the suits was right. Add: a second roll of 1 or more dice to try to get a higher score. The doghouse might mean, instead, "no second roll," but the doghouse, at the same time, might be a wild "card."

Hard to know the probabilities, but the 6 possible hands are:

pair (2 of a suit)
two pair (2 each of 2 suits)
three of a kind (3 of a suit)
full house (2 of 1 suit; 3 of another suit)
four of a kind (4 of a suit)
flush (5 of a suit)

For a 7th hand, it depends what "spade, heart, diamond, club, doghouse" means.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crocker
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I edited my last post, CrocWrestler (like Yogi Berra, I couldn't quite articulate my thoughts...but I knew exactly what I meant). But I'm still stumped as to what I have here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.