Subject: Days of Wonder Holiday Deal rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Thorne

Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[url][/url]https://www.daysofwonder.com/en/buy/?family=YY-XMAS&groupp=U...

This year it's a free code for Ticket to Ride Steam after you spend $50 at their web store.

Oh well!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are also donating $10,000 worth of games to Child's Play, which I think is real nice.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sant
United States
Easton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well, that makes that decision easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The donation part is nice and I can get behind that. Unfortunately, I just don't care about a computer version of TTR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OxfordRow wrote:
The donation part is nice and I can get behind that. Unfortunately, I just don't care about a computer version of TTR.

Yeah the iPhone version is enough for me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Harris
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bah Humbug? Having bought almost all of the Ticket to Ride series, I already had the PC version of TTR, and then I bought the other tracks when they were cheap. I certainly don't need the steam version of the game. They have given away both TTR and TTR:Europe for iPods (not iPads), so most people also have the game that way as well. I guess we have been spoiled the past few years to be able to pick up the likes of TTR:Marklin, Pirate's Cove, etc... Certainly a let down offer this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea big time. I got TTR on STEAM from an Indie bundle pack I bought during their summer sale. Maybe if it had all the expansions included with it and even so...blea. Oh well my monies goes elsewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeh, hate to sound ungrateful, but this is kinda disappointing. The donation part is nice, but I was hoping For TTR: Africa or SW: Realms or something...something tangible at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Lacson
United States
Alamogordo
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same boat for me. I'm glad they're donating to a charity, but I really don't have a desire to own TtR Steam.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Bingle
United States
ORLANDO
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wasn't the steam version available for $5 recently?

I took advantage of the deal last year to pick up Cargo Noir with the purchase of $50 or more which made paying MSRP for Nordic Countries tolerable because I told myself I was paying $25 for each (plus shipping). I don't see myself taking advantage of this offer this year as I've already got TTR on my XBox360, iPad, and the kids' iPods and could get a better overall deal buying any DoW game from CSI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Lackey" Portney
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, just last week, there was a Steam sale where all of TTR on Steam, including all of the available DLC (1910, Europe, Switzerland and Legendary Asia), were a grand total of $9.95. (or just TTR USA for $4.95)

I picked it up then. It is, btw, a fantastic implementation on Steam, and you can play against other Steam players on both PC and Mac. A bunch of my friends all took advantage of this, and we've been enjoying it immensely for the past week.

But seeing as the DoW deal is just for the base USA map, this is a major letdown for those who've gotten used to prior year deals.

Just remember, we are not ENTITLED to anything from DoW, so this is still a nice perk for those who don't have it. But it's not a sales-driving incentive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Crawford
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This deal is lame... $10 ($5 if you bought on the sale) for software, when in previous years you get a $50 board game. I participated in the last 2 years. Not this year though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Drozek-Fitzwater
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tend not to give companies too much credit for charitable donations when they almost always do it for the tax write-off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
So, a lean year for DoW sales (can't or won't discount heavily to promote) or a good year for DoW sales (don't have an excessive overstock of any one game/don't need to promote)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
No Sale for me this time around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.