Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
So...I know folks out there are definitely hoping for custom soundtracks - I know I created one (and love it!) but unfortunately, I feel uncomfortable posting it up as it contains copyrighted music.

It is a pulsing track from electronic music artist Amon Tobin with the countdown from the director's cut provided in the BGG files on this page. Its very vigorous with tribal drumming and very heart thumping.

I followed the convention of having 1, 2, and 3 gongs like listed in the rules and all 3 sections are roughly the same amount of time (give or take a second or two)

thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Reed
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO, if it's got copyrighted music, I don't think you should post it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
wmreed wrote:
I agree, best not to push your luck and post it publicly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
wmreed wrote:

Agreed, but this brings up a question... I just got the game and want to make a custom soundtrack or two. Are they all of the same exact nature in terms of their gameplay function, or in other words, are the gongs all in the same place?

I think it might be interesting to have several soundtracks where the music is exactly the same, but the gongs come in at different times, so you could put them all in a randomized playlist and not know for sure how long you have in a particular game. Or is that how the existing soundtracks are, already? I suppose I should just download them and listen, eh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:
Agreed, but this brings up a question... I just got the game and want to make a custom soundtrack or two. Are they all of the same exact nature in terms of their gameplay function, or in other words, are the gongs all in the same place?
Eric, they are all in the same place in the official soundtracks, but I look forward to you coming up with some great variations shortly.

However, I would not say that they are all the same in terms of gameplay, as some are definitely a whole lot more stressful than others, with hearbeats in the background etc.

Grudunza wrote:
I think it might be interesting to have several soundtracks where the music is exactly the same, but the gongs come in at different times, so you could put them all in a randomized playlist and not know for sure how long you have in a particular game. Or is that how the existing soundtracks are, already? I suppose I should just download them and listen, eh?
This would be cool indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
where can you download the new songs/soundtracks for this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scout13 wrote:

http://www.escape-queen-games.com/index.php?id=6&L=1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:
I just got the game and want to make a custom soundtrack or two.
I've been humming "Tom Vasel's Top 100 Games of All-Time" since you wrote this. If you cold turn that into an Escape soundtrack Eric, it would be a great fit for a game of Escape at The Dice Tower convention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yokiboy wrote:
Grudunza wrote:
I just got the game and want to make a custom soundtrack or two.
I've been humming "Tom Vasel's Top 100 Games of All-Time" since you wrote this. If you cold turn that into an Escape soundtrack Eric, it would be a great fit for a game of Escape at The Dice Tower convention.

Ah, I don't know... That's like 20 seconds long. I can't see stretching that to 10 minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:
Ah, I don't know... That's like 20 seconds long. I can't see stretching that to 10 minutes.
Well it would encourage people trying to escape, but perhaps from the soundtrack, and not The Curse of the Temple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ah, thanks so much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Amundsen Østby
Norway
Langhus
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
scout13 wrote:

I have also posted an alternative soundtrack in the game's Files section here on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jestin Jund
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received permission to post my remastered soundtrack in the files section so hopefully I will have that up soon (though I think most of the people who wanted have sent me geekmail).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anaesthetic wrote:
scout13 wrote:

I have also posted an alternative soundtrack in the game's Files section here on BGG.

Escape soundtrack: Designer's cut

Jestin I'm sure many of us look forward to downloading yours once approved!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel García
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
Oh-la-la!
badge
Evil Inside
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:

You definitly should. It has a perfect quality and the gongs are more audible. Some of my players had problems hearing them because we were all speaking at the same time blush

Well, not anymore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jestin Jund
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
Anaesthetic wrote:
scout13 wrote:

The only problem I am running in to now is the file size. I wanted to keep the mp3 at minimum, 256kbps, but that results in too big of a file size for BGG's upload service. The solution presented to me is to cut it up or to compress it down to 5mb which is pretty absurd. I'm open to suggestions but I really don't want to upload a multiple part mp3 that needs to be played together to work.

The track is just shy of 11 minutes so even if I brought it all the way down to say, 128 kbps, it will still be around 10mb.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
attilathejund wrote:
lfisher wrote:
Anaesthetic wrote:
scout13 wrote:

The only problem I am running in to now is the file size. I wanted to keep the mp3 at minimum, 256kbps, but that results in too big of a file size for BGG's upload service. The solution presented to me is to cut it up or to compress it down to 5mb which is pretty absurd. I'm open to suggestions but I really don't want to upload a multiple part mp3 that needs to be played together to work.

The track is just shy of 11 minutes so even if I brought it all the way down to say, 128 kbps, it will still be around 10mb.

Rather than uploading it, just make it available on a dropbox and post the link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
lengthtoavoid wrote:
Rather than uploading it, just make it available on a dropbox and post the link.
Yes Dropbox should work perfectly for this purpose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jestin Jund
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yokiboy wrote:
lengthtoavoid wrote:
Yes Dropbox should work perfectly for this purpose.

I don't mind Dropbox but I'd prefer to use other means as it has some limitations to those who do not have an account.

I've been using Get.tt lately as an easy means for anyone to download without all the pop ups and other garbage.

You can download the mp3 here until I figure out a way to get it in the files section:

http://ge.tt/539q9jS/v/0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
attilathejund wrote:
I don't mind Dropbox but I'd prefer to use other means as it has some limitations to those who do not have an account.
I didn't think you needed to have an account if you set the sharing properties correctly. Another option would be Google Drive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Holmes
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
Brawling Brothers!
badge
Team Brandon!
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my NOOB ? of the day.....

How do you download the MP3 to your IPAD or Iphone or computer for that matter? I can stream it but I can't seem to figure out how to download it and save it on any device.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Amundsen Østby
Norway
Langhus
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow_Tracker wrote:
How do you download the MP3 to your IPAD or Iphone or computer for that matter? I can stream it but I can't seem to figure out how to download it and save it

Try right clicking and choose "save as" (or something similiar, depending on your OS).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Holmes
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
Brawling Brothers!
badge
Team Brandon!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that worked for my PC but not the IPad or Iphone. I take it I have to save it on my PC then transfer it to Itunes, then transfer it to my IOS device.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. It's far easier if it's something you purchase through the Apple store, though. The iPad can be set to download purchases automatically, even if you bought them on your PC's iTunes.

Cameron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls