Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious, seen this a few times. For example, in this thread:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/890743/i-dont-get-the-co...

it seems like the original post was deleted or hidden, but I don't know how to unhide it or see it. Any tips?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that post was deleted by the author.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Willows
United States
Woburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The original post usually refers to the first post of a given topic which looks fine to me.

I presume you are speaking about the 6th post down then.

See this?

Quote:
Hidden [Show] Item is below your threshold

Click where it says "show" and the post will appear.

A post is red x'd when it is considered inappropriate or perhaps even offensive, when a post gets a certain number of red x's it is hidden. So, keep that in mind if you choose to view it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup s never delete a post - although they may bring it to an admin who deletes it.

They can collapse it both for those who have Xed it and also, if enough people Red X it, everybody. Thus you can still decide to view it if you wish and unpopular expression is protected provided it is in keeping with the rules.

Who Red Xs what is always kept private and should remain private.

Red Xs also get passed on to the admins - the more red Xs a post gets the quicker and greater the admin scrutiny it will receive.

Some admins can delete messages or edit them. Both are fairly uncommon with the later being extremely rare. Both are done with private communication between the admin and account holder. The key reason for the deletion of thread or post is some form of rules violation or at the request of the user.

Users can delete their contributions but not other users' contributions or delete threads.

If folk want to help out with some of the anti-spam stuff, feel free to join/visit the guild: Live Action Spam Hunting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.