Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Casey Lynn
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I was unboxing this today, I snapped some pictures of the decks since there weren't any in the gallery.

The box is huge. The only components are the (large and very sturdy) game board, the cards, and (blank) dividers.

It seemed to take FOREVER to sort the cards into decks since they weren't in order at all.

Here are the different decks. There are 15 heroes and 4 masterminds. The other major types are S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, villain groups, and henchmen. There are also wounds, bystanders, schemes, and master strikes.

The artwork on the cards in each deck are the same (even though some of the cards are different), with the exception of the villain groups, so almost all of the art is represented above!

Since I don't sleeve my cards, there's a LOT of extra room in the box. I assume there are expansions coming eventually, haha.

So I haven't actually played it yet - waiting for my roommate to get home. Really looking forward to it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Brenner
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, let us know what you think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Shirey
United States
Simpsonville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Game is awesome, We have played it dozens of times over the past week.the only complaint I here is the reuse of the same artwork for Heroes and the dividers being unlabeled making it hard to rifle thru the decks in the box, especially when its sleeved since it fills up more space. other than that the game is a big hit in my local gaming groups.Cant wait for more expansions and hopefully the expansion will have a similar box to the core since sleeving your game takes up a lot fo the space , not much room for a large expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Charlton
United Kingdom
East Barnet
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
www.finchleygamesclub.org
mbmbmbmbmb
The dividers do have a nice white bit at the top for you to write on, so that isn't too much of a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Brenner
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Megalodon360 wrote:
The Game is awesome, We have played it dozens of times over the past week.the only complaint I here is the reuse of the same artwork for Heroes and the dividers being unlabeled making it hard to rifle thru the decks in the box, especially when its sleeved since it fills up more space. other than that the game is a big hit in my local gaming groups.Cant wait for more expansions and hopefully the expansion will have a similar box to the core since sleeving your game takes up a lot fo the space , not much room for a large expansion.

Thanks for the feedback. We actually designed the box to fit 800 sleeved cards so there is definitely room for expansions, which we are feverishly working on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Brenner
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing we have been doing in the office is making labels for the dividers, just a thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lynn
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brenzor wrote:
[q="Megalodon360"]Thanks for the feedback. We actually designed the box to fit 800 sleeved cards so there is definitely room for expansions, which we are feverishly working on.

Feverishly working on expansions, now that's what I like to hear.

re: dividers, someone made some graphics files here on BGG so I may try them. Though the nice thing about not having them labeled is that I don't have to bother to put things back in the same order. Of course, that means that I can never find anything...

And for the record, LOVE the game. Working on a review.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo laFrossia
msg tools
My friend and I demo'ed the game at Gen Con and were hooked! We picked it up this week (two copies), invited some friends (who are huge Marvel fans but skeptical on card games). We started playing at around 8pm, after playing a few games, it was 2am! We were like, wow, that's the time? Let's play again!!! We ended at 5 in the morning.

I think it's safe to say we are all hooked!

If I can throw in my .2 cents it would be not on the design of the game (which is awesome), but the layout of the cards. It's a bit hard to read the titles of the cards, perhaps a background border on the titles, or a thicker outline on the letters. Also, maybe a different artwork for each type of hero. For instance, one picture for repulsor ray Iron Man, and another for (I forget the name, but the Tech powers), and it can have a picture of Tony Stark or something that represents what the card is doing. Finally, if every rare hero was a foil that would make recruiting the card even more awesome!

PJ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.