Subject: Ships and Italian national advantage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alessio Serafini
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do ships count as goods to the purpose of the Italian national advantage? (2$/good)

They wouldn't if the advantage is taken literally, but I still wonder what the intention was. I would lean toward yes, as this advantage seems slightly underpowered as it is (though not too terribly, if one goes for a trading strategy and knows how to use the money raised through the ability...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
If I recall correctly, the majority opinion is that it applies only to trade chits.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lane Taylor
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are several areas where this kind of question comes up. The rules are pretty specific and say 'trade goods'. I take that to mean that whatever the rule is only applies to the actual trade good chits.

Ships are only used as wild cards for the purpose of determining income from trade goods (this applies to things like the Rum Distillery as well), unless a ability/building specifically applies to ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.