BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Best all-purpose gamer screens? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario Lanza
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of games have hidden information and many of those games include screens. e.g. Tigris & Euphrates and Arkadia. Unfortunately, these kinds of screens are inevitably bumped over revealing what was meant to remain private. The game Reef Encounter (original edition) has a screen along with a Parrot Fish container into which you drop eaten coral tiles. The Parrot Fish, unlike the screen, is structured so that it won't ever bump over. That said, it's not very accessible either. If you want to take a peek at your tiles (not sure if you're allowed but I guess you are) you'd have to empty it.

I am wondering what kinds of things (or actual gamer accessories) people have substituted for screens? I would like to find some general thing (for use with any game) that easily conceals personal bits but also which is easy to peek into and which never suffers the accidental "toppling of the screen". I'm looking for the best of breed product that a true game lover would want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to have a nice set of Chinese table top screens, before they got lost in a move.

They looked sort of like this:
http://oriental-decor.com/mini-shoji-screens.php

I just found them in a Chinatown market, and bought them for the nice art. But I think they would work very nicely for your purposes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.