4 Posts

Battle for Armageddon» Forums » General

Subject: Pieces with 0 movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
d g
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Working on a PnP of this and suddnely noticed that Commissar Yarrick and the Genestealers (from Chaos Attacks) both have 0 movement. Is that right?

I can understand Yarrick, being an old man at this point, can't really traverse a battlefield that well. Start him in a hive and let him form the backbone of your defense.

But what about the Genestealers? They have a very strong attack (makes sense) but no movement. What's the point?

I couldn't find any mention of the genestealers in the rules, either. Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Sanhueza
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Genestealers come into play with an extra orc strategy card that comes with the Chaos Attack set. When the card is played, you put one Genestealer counter into any Hive controlled by the Imperium and they attack first... (The Genestealer infestation stays put, so you get the extra counters in case you get to draw and play the card again I assume)

Oh, also, at the risk of vanity, here's my tweaked board that I photoshopped up a bit when I made my copy if it's any use to you (You can see the full size in my gallery)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d g
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I'd missed the card text, that makes sense now!

I'd already snagged a copy of your map, thanks! Looks great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
solclaim wrote:
Working on a PnP of this and suddnely noticed that Commissar Yarrick and the Genestealers (from Chaos Attacks) both have 0 movement. Is that right?

I can understand Yarrick, being an old man at this point, can't really traverse a battlefield that well. Start him in a hive and let him form the backbone of your defense.

But what about the Genestealers? They have a very strong attack (makes sense) but no movement. What's the point?

I couldn't find any mention of the genestealers in the rules, either. Any ideas?

The 40K background reasons are:

As a Commissar, Yarrick is not a filed commander. He is a responsible for morale and discipline. He was a venerable leader with iron will and charisma. His personality and dedication were instrumental in holding Hades Hive. So, he would not move to other parts of the battle.

Genestealers are and alien species that often infest populated areas (hives) and build a Cult composed of purestrain Genestealers and human/genestealer hybrids (its complicated). The Genestealers have no allegiance to Imperials or Orks, and would be a menace to both. And, in this battle, would not leave the hives they infest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.