Christopher Tellier
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is just an idea I am jotting down and wanted to share with everyone. I think this might be next logical step for Boss Monsters in their up coming expansions.

Anti Heroes are nasty heroes that have everything a normal Hero has, but has abilities that triggers based on what is in your dungeon, where they die in your dungeon, and/or if they make it through your dungeon.

InD20's video review made me think about reviewer's complaint on how once you have your dungeon set, it becomes a Hero meat factory. And, I figure make a type of hero that hurts when you let one in your dungeon, beat your dungeon, or die in your dungeon.

My idea for the set up with Anti Heroes is you can either; replace the hero deck with the Anti Hero deck or randomly divide the Hero deck in half and add randomly half the Anti Hero cards into the Hero Deck. Same idea when adding or replacing the Epic Hero Deck with Epic Anti Hero cards. Also any Hero deck card that are not in the game's Hero deck are set aside for possible Anti Hero abilities.

The theme is Anti Heroes are not pure heroes, but people whom take on quests not for the good or glory. But, instead for their own selfish needs or for the heck of it. And, when they enter a dungeon they don't play fair. They fight dirty like a Boss Monster. These heroes will punch holes into your dungeon.

Ideas Anti Heroes.
-Kamikaze hero who when slain in a dungeon room, destroys that room.
-Side Kicks, this Anti Hero has side kick, randomly draw a card from the Hero deck that was set aside an play it in the dungeon with the Anti Hero that has entered that dungeon.
-Dorlucard, son of Draculord: Ignores damage in the first two dungeon room. (Possible Epic Anti Hero)
-Ignores monster/trap room abilites or damage.
-Ignores non advance room abilites or damage.
-Heals X-HP when enters a room with a minion token on it. (read my minion variant post)
-Deals two damage instead of one damage to Boss Monster
-Steals victory point if dies in dungeon or makes it through the dungeon.
-Cursed! If you defeat this hero your dungeons have -1 damage.
-Zed from Zardoz, Fighter type that ignores rooms with the book symbol.

Ultimately I like the idea of mixing or replacing the hero decks with Anti Heroes creating some control of how tought you want to make your game. But, I'm not going to develop this idea more until I have my physical copy of Boss Monsters and the digital custom cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Reynolds
United States
Greenwood
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can say with reasonable certainty that this is what is accomplished by the Tools of Hero-Kind mini expansion minus the additional reward effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Durst
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok I know I'm not the only one who loves that Goblin Suit pic right? It cracks me up every time...can't wait for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos "Koey"
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RobertHMayfire wrote:

InD20's video review made me think about reviewer's complaint on how once you have your dungeon set, it becomes a Hero meat factory. And, I figure make a type of hero that hurts when you let one in your dungeon, beat your dungeon, or die in your dungeon.

Just like to point out. Brotherwise Games has acknowledged that comment and received similar feedback from playtester that they are going to buff the final health of the Heroes so that you still got something to fear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John M
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Aside from the two hybrid heroes there are no heroes that have effects on dungeons. However, what you want will instead be accomplished with items coming in the Tool of Hero Kind expansions. So that will definitely make things more interesting on the Hero killing end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.