Subject: I maxed out ... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Citizens

There's not much to it. You just have to play all 40 houses and not have any disconnected groups. But I hadn't done it in many games. I didn't even really plan on it. In fact I decided at the beginning of the game to concentrate the least on Citizens, and I started with several disconnected groups. But I had a Harbor, and in time I connected all my groups.

Now, somebody else post about how you maxed out a different scoring card. For reference you may see Prioritizing VP gaining methods. No duplicates please. I suspect it will get harder and harder to add new entries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
morningstar wrote:
Citizens

I have maxed out Discoverers.

Haha, I took the easiest one. It's really not that difficult to max out Discoverers, as long as you make about 2 rows of progress on it every turn. The last time I played, I did not max out on discoverers because I had to do some winding around to get to castles, but if you're single-minded about it, it's pretty easy. I think in that same game, one other player maxed out Discoverers, one player was off by 1, and one player was off by 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have maxed out Farmers.

That's not the easist one, I've done it exactly once. With suitable movement powers, playing all the houses and balancing them equally on the boards was, however, possible. It was a two-player game, though, and I suppose this would be much harder to pull off in a multi-player game.

Discoverers is easiest to max out, I think, I've done that many times. Citizens is another easy one, yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I maxed Out Lords

In a two Player Game i Managed to get Lot more Houses on the Bord so that i was ably to have One house more than him in the end at two Corners, were he First had more. In the other two quarters i had more them him too.
I won this Game with 127 points, cause i got all 5 Cities, Maxed up Discoverers And nearly maxed up Mearchents (only One Tower Not connected to something Else)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've maxed out Castles several times, both in a game with 4, 5 and 6 castles.

IMO this is the easiest to max out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark M
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Farmers is the one where you get 3 points for whichever board you have the least on, I have done that one time with 10 houses on each board. It was a challenge, but a fun one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmb
I maxed out Castles, Discoverers, Farmers and Lords in the same game. The output from BSW(unfortunatly I don't have a screenshot):
Quote:
(02:24:26) -- boloni machte insgesamt 110 Punkte. (12 Gold mit Burgen, 20 Gold mit Entdecker, 30 Gold mit Bauern, 48 Gold mit Lords)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Knights

No activity for a while so I will add another one. I think I'd done it before but just now I did it again.

I took the whole bottom row with a combination of Towers, Taverns, and Harbors. It did require a small measure of negligence by my opponents. One could have got to one of my water spaces before me, but he was busy crossing a river to get to a castle at the time. Anyway he only would have blocked that one space. I already had access to the bottom row at several points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Merchants

I finally got it after several times close - 48 for Merchants. I'd had opponents get it before. Usually the pattern is to link each group of three locations in each quadrant. That's almost what I did. In two quadrants I had the three locations linked. In one quadrant I just had a one-to-one link. In the last quadrant I had all three, and a link over to the remaining location in the adjacent quadrant.

Harbor was involved, of course. I also had two Taverns, which are useful for covering distance in the most efficient way possible, a straight line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Hermits

Finally! I'd gotten to 37 before but it's just a bear trying to make sure you leave no two settlements adjacent. On the last turn you're pretty much going to have to place one settlement adjacent, quite often more. You have to then disconnect these and any groups you started the turn with.

The locations were Oasia, Barn, Harbor, and Paddock. Good for Hermits with 3 locations allowing you to move houses. Also, the lack of many extra-house powers means the game will go for more rounds and give you the time to use your movement powers even more.

The game took 10 rounds, longer than the minimum 9 for this setup. I actually expected that I'd max out Hermits when the locations were Oracle, Barn, Paddock, and Harbor, since with that setup the theoretical minimum number of rounds is 11. Luckily my opponent was not in a terrible hurry and 10 rounds turned out to be just enough.

By the end of the game, I had all the powers. In the last round I had only two houses left to play. I did that intentionally so I wouldn't create too much new adjacency. Luckily, I drew a terrain where I had space to make a star formation. Adjacent to a single house, I placed two normal placements, then used by Barn to split a group of three elsewhere and place the last piece of the three-point star.

Prior to the turn, I also had one group of two, which I broke up with the Harbor. Then I jumped the center of the star and the Harbor piece I'd just placed so that nothing was adjacent. In theory I could have jumped a piece of the group of two from where it was without moving it first with the Harbor, but in this case it was in an area that was relatively dense with my houses. There was nowhere safe to jump either piece. This is the kind of problem that usually prevents quite scoring 40 with Hermits, but with all four of my house-movement powers I was just able to do it.

I barely won the game 101-96. My opponent got the majority for Lords, which is difficult to avoid since she played last. The other categories were about even, but she "only" scored 22 for Hermits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Notmyrealname
msg tools
I've only managed Farmers so far. The game had Barns, Oracles, Paddocks and Taverns. I turned down Taverns, but used the other three to hit 10 settlements per board with sizeable luck on terrain draws, but not too much brain work required.

Actually, this game was one of the few where Barns really proved its worth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.