Subject: Days of Wonder Holiday Gift rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
For the past few years, Days of Wonder has been offering a holiday gift to people who spend at least $50 in their store. The gift has usually been a game. There is another offer this year, but it's a bit different.

The holiday gift is a copy of Ticket to Ride in Steam for Mac or PC. If you are interested, the offer is only good until midnight on December 6. The game must be purchased through the Days of Wonder Online Store.

Here is the information directly from Days of Wonder:
Quote:
If you spend $50 or more in the Days of Wonder web store between now and midnight on Thursday, December 6th, we'll give you a free copy of Ticket to Ride Steam – the best online adaptation yet of Days of Wonder's best-selling train game for either Windows or Macintosh. Featuring both online play against tens of thousands of live opponents and solo play with up to 4 AI players, Ticket to Ride Steam is the perfect way to get your online Train game fix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Days if Wonder Holiday Gift
There is already a lot of complaining discussion about this here: Days of Wonder Holiday Deal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:
There is already a lot of complaining discussion about this here: Days of Wonder Holiday Deal

Thanks for the heads up. Somehow I missed that. I figured there would be some people upset that it's not a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Duncan
United States
Bloomington
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cagriggs wrote:
ras2124 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. Somehow I missed that. I figured there would be some people upset that it's not a game.

Yuck, well, it's definitely a game. It's just a superfluous one -- I don't have TtR Steam but I also have no desire to play on my PC. Board games, sure, iOS, sure, but PC? No thanks.

Oh well, if they had a physical game (TtR Africa, Mystery Express, Mystery of the Abbey, Memoir), I would have jumped on this, like I did last year's. Instead, I guess I'll just spend my money elsewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes - I've done the deal in the past two years to get buy one get one on TTR:Marklin and Cargo Noir... but just an online TTR? Most people I know already have it on PC, iPad or iPhone, so probably won't be going in on it this year
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, I'm not all that impressed with this year's offer either.

However, I have two discount coupons that will expire before the end of this month, so I was contemplating an order.

We own Small World and TTR:Europe.

We are considering:
- TTR:Classic (german edition as it is 10 euro cheaper. I'm assuming the only difference is it won't include English rules. The rest of the game is language-independent?
Or are all the city names and such in German spelling?)

- Small World: Underground (we are considering REALMS, so Underground will be eventually purchased anyway)

- TTR: Nordic (I don't know why, but this seems like one of the better ones to have)

- Small World: Realms (this might be a sure deal)

So what would you guys recommend?
Either TTR:C or SW:R

and TTR:NC or SW:U

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fuhrmann
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Khonnor wrote:
Hmm, I'm not all that impressed with this year's offer either.

However, I have two discount coupons that will expire before the end of this month, so I was contemplating an order.

We own Small World and TTR:Europe.

We are considering:
- TTR:Classic (german edition as it is 10 euro cheaper. I'm assuming the only difference is it won't include English rules. The rest of the game is language-independent?
Or are all the city names and such in German spelling?)

- Small World: Underground (we are considering REALMS, so Underground will be eventually purchased anyway)

- TTR: Nordic (I don't know why, but this seems like one of the better ones to have)

- Small World: Realms (this might be a sure deal)

So what would you guys recommend?
Either TTR:C or SW:R

and TTR:NC or SW:U

:D

Classic TtR feels pretty boring after you've played the Europe map, so I'd probably go with the Nordic Countries one. I can't really speak to the Small World question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant LaDue
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nordic is high quality, but it's only for 2-3 players (and is optimized that). I recommend it highly if that fits your player count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamemanue wrote:
Classic TtR feels pretty boring after you've played the Europe map, so I'd probably go with the Nordic Countries one. I can't really speak to the Small World question.
I totally agree that regular TtR is much less interesting and probably not worth your time. That being said, have you check out the map collections (Volume 1 and Volume 2)? You will get a lot more bang for your buck out of these than Nordic since they should be a good bit cheaper and are two maps each. I have also found them to be quite enjoyable and very well designed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.