Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say a few times that the number of rowers determines the maximum number of actions you may take. I just wanted to confirm that you are allowed to not take an action, if you wish. There was one case in my solo learning game where I wanted to give up my final action to remain on the island I was on, hoping for a cube draw to place another good there for me to pick up on my next turn.

I'm pretty sure the answer is that you don't have to spend all your actions, but I just want to be sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathe
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
http://www.Game-Universe.com
badge
http://www.MinionGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have to leave this one for the designer but I'd say you can optionally not move. Still you could waste that action fishing.

James
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RPGShop wrote:
I'll have to leave this one for the designer but I'd say you can optionally not move. Still you could waste that action fishing.

Ooh. Fishing. I didn't think of that. If I were going for a "variety" load, it could be perfect. Not if I were going for a "one kind" load.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Whitcher
United States
Manchester
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are not forced to take all of your actions.

You could choose not to move off from an island in the hope that the island will be replentished becuase that good is especialy important to you. At best you get 4 actions, if you pass up on one you are giving up 25% of your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Jolie
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the 4 player game we played tonight, no one would have dared given up an action. They were ruthless. I stopped on an island hoping to get my 4th taro. Big mistake. That was a signal that this island had something I wanted and no one should dare let me get it. Someone swooped in and got it. The other nearby islands also got "slashed and burned" which left me wondering whether to paddle to another island or head to the mainland. Should have done it from the "get go". Lost that game miserably. 19,17,16, 8. Learned my lesson. Next game I came back to get 2nd. Very close games. 29, 25, 21, 20. The group liked it very much. One guy offered to buy it off me. I was asked how I got mine. I answered, Kickstarter Beatch!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.