Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke McCarthy
United States
Randolph
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess this may be more of a comparison than a recommendation, but I am looking for a recommendation on which is better, so I guess it qualifies. Apparently Moongha Invaders: Mad Scientists and Atomic Monsters Attack the Earth! is coming out with a reprint with components to rival Earth Reborn, and a two-player variant also. So the playing field seems to be pretty level. And I know no one can really say for sure, but if the pieces are a wash, which game's mechanics and gameplay do you guys like better? Theme is a wash to me - they're both equally Ameritrashy and awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
These aren't even remotely the same kind of game.

Like, for real.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kazimierczak
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Earth Reborn is more of a time investment-- definitely not "pick up and play." It plays like a miniatures game, not a board game. You need to have an opponent ready to tread through the tutorial missions with you.

I haven't played Moongah Invaders, but it looks like a lighter experience and more suited for a casual group that just wants to dive in on a game night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt way
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is nothing in the moongha kick starter that remotely matches er in terms of components. They are so different, you seem to have them confused with other games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Earth Reborn is actually good although it does have a requirement on the players part, and a number of people aren't willing to deal with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
La Donn Wittenburg
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As an owner of the 1st edition moongha I can tell you that it's a fairly light yet very fun game. While the new version will have plastic minis instead of wood as used in the first edition that's just flavor it's not a miniature game. Never played earth reborn so I can't compare them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephen
United Kingdom
Burton on trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Earth reborn is a very detailed and complex game to play, the scenarios in the playbook gradually teach you the in and outs of the rules, but those rules are pretty heavy, about as heavy as I have ever seen in miniatures skirmish game and I have played Necromunda, Doom, Descent, Star wars miniatures and others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke McCarthy
United States
Randolph
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the input guys! Definitely looking forward to getting a copy of Earth Reborn. From the way I've heard you and other people talk about it, it should compete with Space Hulk for table time, and that is an impressive feat given how much I love Space Hulk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt way
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ER is quite fun. I do suggest you play through the tutorials though. The game comes with a large number of tutorial scenarios that walk you through the concepts very well. Just remember that they are teaching scenarios and not necessarily balanced (I know I got frustrated until I realized this).

Poliorcetes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.