Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Tanner
United States
Odenton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

I realize this is probably a dumb question, but I can't seem to find any information on if/when this game will be available for preorder/purchase from retailers. I don't even see it for sale on the Studio McVey site store.

Anyways I completely missed the Kickstarter on this game (I actually just recently learned of Kickstarter), and am just now discovering it. I play a lot of miniature games (Warhammer, Warmachine, etc) and have been looking for a lighter miniatures game that I can play when I don't feel like playing a long epic Warhammer game (plus my roommate doesn't like Warhammer, but she'd definitely play a lighter miniatures game with me).

So yeah... mostly just curious when the general public who missed the Kickstarter will be able to purchase this. Also, will there be any way to obtain some of those bonus / extra miniature sets that were options / bonuses on the Kickstarter page once the game has been released?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the delivery of the game to KS supporters has been pushed past Christmas, I have a feeling that they are holding off of preorders for the time being. Just my 2 cents.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Bagley
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I emailed asking about Preorders, Mike only said they were on track for the end of the year. No mention of preorders. Then a few days later all the delays started to hit. Won't be for a while. Sadly.

I've even tried to buy someone elses kickstarter. That bid went too steep for me(as I thought it would) and I haven't heard again of anyone else wanting to sell theirs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Shannon
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I ran into this same problem a couple months ago. And coolminis or not let me actually go on their pledge manager and pledge for the project basically buying a copy about 2 months after the kickstarter ended. Sadly since I think they're done making all the copies for the kickstarter I doubt you could still do this. But hey you never know you could always email them that's what I did and it worked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Fink
United States
Havertown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool Mini Or Not is the distributor, so it would stand to reason that they might offer preorders through their webstore once the January ship date is firmed up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Tanner
United States
Odenton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah alright bummer, thanks for the information guys, appreciate it. Sounds like for the time being there isn't really a way for me to preorder or obtain this game =(.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bktanner wrote:
Ah alright bummer, thanks for the information guys, appreciate it. Sounds like for the time being there isn't really a way for me to preorder or obtain this game =(.

You may not be able to purchase it for a while but I am sure you'll be able to find someone who'll let you play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Bagley
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I just did a google search and FRP games has it as pre-order. I personally wont do it since I don't know if they are regulating how many pre-orders they take. In case I spend that money and then they don't get enough copies to fulfill their pre-order. The link is:
http://www.frpgames.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=86621

Also I emailed these guys not too long ago because they are selling their kickstarted copy for $180. I think they are in Europe somewhere. They said they weren't sure of the box size/weight but the estimated shipping cost would be about $60 to the U.S. which makes it about $240. A little steep for me, but may be cheaper than what the kickstarter will go for on ebay. Link here:
http://www.hobbygamesmart.com/index.php?id_product=331&contr...

edit: sorry, posted the wrong url for second find
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Tanner
United States
Odenton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info! Haven't heard of FRP games, I'll check the links out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Howe
United States
El Sobrante
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've purchased from FRP before. They're customer service is good and items shipped in a timely manner.

Best,

Art

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.