Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Jones
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've read a couple times about an Arctic expansion for the game, and I thought it was to be included with preorders from Stronghold Games, but I do not see anything in the box I received today.

What does this look like? Are there new components or just rules changes?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Andrew
Indonesia
Bandung
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it consist of 3 cards and one instruction booklet, like this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jones
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jim! guess I better ask Stronghold where mine is...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ægir Æxx
Iceland
Reykjavik
Gullbringusysla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got the game but not the expansion. Was it an Essen thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChillusMaximus wrote:
I've got the game but not the expansion. Was it an Essen thing?

Well I got it with my copy from Essen, so probably

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd double check the shipping box. Received my pre-order yesterday from Stronghold and the Aectic expansion was loose in the box.

Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
BOYNTON BEACH
FL
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please check, double check, and then check again inside the shipping box in which your Stronghold Games for CO2 came. It is in the box, loose.

The warehouse is amazingly good at setting up their processing lines and getting the promos into the boxes that need them.

You will find that Arctic mini-expansion in the UPS shipping box, for sure.

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John LaRuffa
United States
Hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, pray for us!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious if you got any tracking info or email saying the game was shipped. I know that Stephen said it may not happen, but just wondering. Did your game just show up this week?

My fingers are double crossed for a surprise today when I get home!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not get any tracking info or shipping notification. It simply arrived. Full disclosure: I live just west of Atlanta and the game was shipped from just NE of Atlanta. Thus, mine probably arrived in one day.

Best,
Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John LaRuffa
United States
Hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback. I'm in Michigan and I know it is a 2 day standard UPS shipment time from Atlanta to Michigan, so my hope is that my copy went out on Wednesday and will be here today. It's a hope as I know there were a lot of games that needed to go...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
magnus1515 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. I'm in Michigan and I know it is a 2 day standard UPS shipment time from Atlanta to Michigan, so my hope is that my copy went out on Wednesday and will be here today. It's a hope as I know there were a lot of games that needed to go...

I'm in Indiana, and mine arrived today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John LaRuffa
United States
Hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! You get to at least try a solo game this weekend then. I know these probably went out in random order and I don't even know if my order has shipped yet, but thanks for the post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John LaRuffa
United States
Hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife just called me and said a package from Georgia arrived

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jones
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine just showed up as well, but I'm in NC so it didn't take long. Loving the game! (gotta wait till I get home to check the box again for the expansion)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John LaRuffa
United States
Hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game and the expansion is indeed here! Thank you Stronghold!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jones
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
evilone wrote:
Please check, double check, and then check again inside the shipping box in which your Stronghold Games for CO2 came. It is in the box, loose.

The warehouse is amazingly good at setting up their processing lines and getting the promos into the boxes that need them.

You will find that Arctic mini-expansion in the UPS shipping box, for sure.

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC

Thanks for the prompt reply Stephen, both here and to my personal email. I got a chance to check it this evening, the expansion was indeed there, hiding under one of the bottom cardboard box folds. Glad I didn't throw that box out! Excellent job you all did on the realease of this game, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ægir Æxx
Iceland
Reykjavik
Gullbringusysla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, I really hate this kind of bull poop. I bought this game from an OLGS and there was no mention of a expansion.

Looks like this is going to be like Alien Frontiers and all the extra poop there that I didn't get.

So I guess it's the trading list for this game then...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Beasi
United States
Easthampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChillusMaximus wrote:
Man, I really hate this kind of bull poop. I bought this game from an OLGS and there was no mention of a expansion.

Looks like this is going to be like Alien Frontiers and all the extra poop there that I didn't get.

I missed out on the Alien Frontiers Kickstarter so didn't get the bonus goodies and yet I still love it and play it over and over.

You'd really trade away a game simply because you didn't get a couple of unnecessary promotional bits?

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ægir Æxx
Iceland
Reykjavik
Gullbringusysla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seqiro wrote:
ChillusMaximus wrote:

I missed out on the Alien Frontiers Kickstarter so didn't get the bonus goodies and yet I still love it and play it over and over.

You'd really trade away a game simply because you didn't get a couple of unnecessary promotional bits?

shake

Well, there are bunch of new games to play that I didn't feel screwed by right after purchasing. Too bad I cracked the shrink and punched the bits out.

I just don't get why they wouldn't include a few extra cards in every copy of the first edition. What they don't like my business?

Right now the game is hot, with or without the expansion and I will likely get a solid trade for it sooner rather than later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So you are going to trade it away because you didn't get something that you don't even know you'll want. Really?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ægir Æxx
Iceland
Reykjavik
Gullbringusysla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jschlickbernd wrote:
So you are going to trade it away because you didn't get something that you don't even know you'll want. Really?

Yes.

I paid 75$ for this game. Much more than people in main land Europe have to pay or even in the States. So it really really really rubs me the wrong way when I'm not getting the same product as other people for a much higher price.

I feel I should get the same thing as everybody else and I will never enjoy this game knowing that I was screwed over by the publisher and/or retailer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Beasi
United States
Easthampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChillusMaximus wrote:
jschlickbernd wrote:

Yes.

I paid 75$ for this game. Much more than people in main land Europe have to pay or even in the States. So it really really really rubs me the wrong way when I'm not getting the same product as other people for a much higher price.

I feel I should get the same thing as everybody else and I will never enjoy this game knowing that I was screwed over by the publisher and/or retailer.

The only people who got this are those who pre-ordered directly from the publisher or purchased it at Essen and possibly some other conventions. Some leftovers are probably going to be sold here at BGG, which supports the site. They are simply promotional cards. Three of them. Two of them you could easily create yourself if you really wanted to.

In the future, copies sold won't include this.

I just got the game and played it (didn't use the expansion cards) and it's fantastic. The publisher isn't screwing you, you're screwing yourself.

But hey I'm sure someone will be happy to take it off your hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.