Subject: How to convince your friends to play again doom rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
my group want to trade the game(only one person doesn't like the game). but i don't want it!!i like the game a lot.i know its hard for the marine's win but we haven't try with the expansion.we are one from the few groups that we found the expansion and we didn't play.
help??? : yuk
the problem is only one guy but........
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
Use mods that make the game easier for the marines, or just play only with guys who like the game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like an odd group - one person does much like a game, so you get rid of it! I suppose it depends on the setup, but does the guy HAVE to play every session? Is there no scope for meeting up when he is busy so the guys that want to play it can do so?

Without knowingly exactly WHY he doesn't like it, its hard to offer any advice. Does he want to be the aliens but you won't let him? Is it the marine skills he doesn't like? Is it the theme, the difficulty?

If you can explain a bit more what his objections are, we might be able to offer some suggestions to allow him to enjoy the game a bit more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I understand you right, you have the expansion but haven't used anything from the expansion in your games? Take a look at the expansion rules, there are a lot of "official" ways to mod the game to make it easier on the marines. Also, you should start using the Expansion Invader Cards, that helps 'balance' things out a bit.

But really, DON'T SELL IT! The game is out of print, very hard to find (especially with expansion), and if you like it at all then keep it. Even if your friends *now* don't play it, that doesn't mean your friends 3 years from now won't.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I agree with the above...keep this game!!!

If it is just one person that doesn't like it, then keep it for times that that person can't make it that day. Or perhaps play without scoring. That is the way I play with my friends, so that it doesn't seem like anyone loses. It is all about the fun of exploring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the problem is that he think its to hard(this is correct but with new rules and deck ...) and the other that you do all the time the same think killing invaders,this is not correct at my opinion.you can do a lot of thinks
the basic game we bought with my 2 friends (the one doent like the game).
i think that ill keep the expansion and ill buy by my self the basic yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
If he feels like it is redundant and too hard for the marines, the switch it up and have him play as the invader.

It sounds like he wants fresh options to choose at any time. The cards are all random and should give him what he is looking for. Also now that he is not a marine, he won't have to worry about it being too hard for them. He pretty much sets the difficulty now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Otherwise you can introduce Difficulty level (as per expansion; if you don't have the expansion, simply increase by 3 the starting wounds, or allow 1 extra armor for the Marines. But in this case, remove the Marine Cards giving you armor bonuses).

Doom is one of the greatest game ever! Don't give up! It's a difficult game, but once you click on its dynamics, it's really a blast (2).

JULIA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Cheatham
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I must say the best time I had playing this was a 4 part mission sequence I downloaded from the web. We had 4 players and each scenario was about 1:30 each. So, we rotated the person that played the bad guy so each of us got to play the bad guy once. It was a hoot. I am much disappointed that my errant grenade took out a glass wall killing us right before the escape.

It was a great Saturday of gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
Doom is one of the greatest game ever! Don't give up! It's a difficult game, but once you click on its dynamics, it's really a blast (2).

Listen to Julia! She knows what she is talking about!!!

(And thanks for mentioning the difficulty cards. I totally forgot about them.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i agree with julia i know that the game is great.i love that is hard
the reason that i play the invader player is that the others dont know very well the rules and the cards from the invader deck so is an extra time to learn how the cards work
i have the expansion and for god shake we never use it......I DONT BELIEVE IT :c :y
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.