8 Posts

Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » Rules

Subject: Order of Actions and Action Markers (?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fluffy Fluff
msg tools
Hello,

I have a question because of the use of action markers and the order of actions. If I do the same action one time with one person and one time with two persons in the same round is there an order of performing the actions? For example do the actions with more than one person first?

For example:
Situation:
- Green (?) on the exploration pile
- Planning explorations one tile with 1 person and another tile with 2 persons

Now there are two possibilities to play:

First the action with 2 persons
- Result: 2 Adventures cards from the pile can be drawn
1 for 2 player action because of ?
1 for 1 player action if a adventure is rolled

First the action with 1 person
- Result: Only 1 Adventure card from the pile can be drawn
1 for 1 player action and then discard ? (if a adventure is rolled or
not)
0 for 2 player action

What is the right one to play. I would like to play only one option of the two and not both but I think the action with 2 persons should be done first.
Is this right?

Or does the action order depend on the starting player? But what if the starting player does the same action supported and unsupported in one round?

Thank you for your answer!

Matthias
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Lees
Denmark
Billund
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a good question.

I would say start with the "starting player" (I use the extra "Robinson Crusoe" Island tile to donate this).

However, to be honest though I can't yet think of an experience I have had where the resolution order has had any direct influence on the game itself.

If you remember that items built/gathered/found etc will be placed in the "unavailable" resources area until AFTER the END of the action phase, so for example, items that you build this turn can't be used in this same action phase (This is explicitly outlined in the rules).

I tend to resolve actions which are guaranteed first, and then move onto the less certain ones (this is especially the case, when playing solo).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes a good question. I had made a similar observation in ricky2002's video thread,

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/22180/robinson-crusoe-adv...

In that context he was playing solo but with the combination of Friday there were still two similar actions at point, and so like your example. .

My view (and I have not seen anything in the rules to contradict this) is that once the actions are allocated, you resolve them each in action phase order ie. threat, hunting, building etc.(actually this is not my view but the rules!) But within each action phase you can do them in whichever order you want.

I seem to recall some "woolly" wording about actions taking place simultaneously, but in this example I struggle that this can happen as it clearly causes a conflict as to what effects happen to which of the two similar actions. Both, neither, one? I settled on one which the players decide.

The game is hard enough as is, and this allows at least some "timing"/interesting planning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimiliano Amato
Italy
Rozzano
Milano
flag msg tools
mb
I also don't recall exactly how i read it, but i too play following the order in the board from left to right.

If you are free to choose the order in which you resolve the action one easy trick would be to take the Clean your camp action at first and then use the determination tokens gained while executing the actions (in case of unsuccessful roll!)

This is why I follow the order...

Within the same action type i also choose first the double pawn actions before the single pawn...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Lees
Denmark
Billund
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boom04 wrote:
You resolve them each in action phase order ie. threat, hunting, building etc.(actually this is not my view but the rules!) But within each action phase you can do them in whichever order you want.

draghetto wrote:
I too play following the order in the board from left to right.

Yes, reading from left to right across the bottom of the board, would make logical sense, also with regards to the design of the layout of that part of the board.

draghetto wrote:

If you are free to choose the order in which you resolve the action one easy trick would be to take the Clean your camp action at first and then use the determination tokens gained while executing the actions (in case of unsuccessful roll!)

... and of course, gaining Determinatin tokens, and using them prior to certain actions, could be an advantage.

draghetto wrote:

Within the same action type i also choose first the double pawn actions before the single pawn...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monika Żabicka
Poland
Wodzisław Śl.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This one is correct:
First the action with 1 person
- Result: Only 1 Adventure card from the pile can be drawn
1 for 1 player action and then discard ? (if a adventure is rolled or
not)
0 for 2 player action

You can plan your action order in any way in this case. You don't have to follow any players' order. The first player is only to deal with morale and resolve any disputes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Veridiana wrote:
This one is correct:

Correct? Or just the option you would choose?

There might be circumstances where players might(?) want to take the option/risk/fun of having to draw a second adventure card. i.e the two player action first with guarenteed adventure (throught the ? token), then the one player action with a risk of rolling a "?"

In which case which one is correct. Well both....as you say...

Quote:
You can plan your action order in any way in this case. You don't have to follow any players' order. The first player is only to deal with morale and resolve any disputes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monika Żabicka
Poland
Wodzisław Śl.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say I'm pretty sure that Ignacy confired the freedom of choice at the Polish forum.

Yes, if you like to draw adventure cards you can choose the other option. I just thought the author of the question didn't like drawing them :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.