Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say that just about everything that has happened with this game since I watched the videos about it is killing my interest in even buying the game. For instance:

1. Not being clear about what is in the base set box.

2. Not being sure what is in the expansion, how many there are and when they will come out.

3. Hearing that some things that were available for sale at Essen won't be available in the U.S. until next year.

4. Finding out from two different local retailers that ACD's policies are so bad that neither of the stores will even special order from them and then finding out that Queen Games has signed an exclusive agreement with ACD for U.S. distribution.

5. Hearing from online stores that expected releases dates are as much as six weeks apart from one another.

These is a really big shame in my household. My wife is an occasional gamer but not a fanatic. After watching the videos for the game, she showed more interest in this game than any since Dominion debuted. She asked me that same day if I could order a copy. After that she asked about six times if I had ordered it. She hasn't asked about it in over two weeks. I can't recall a game's release being more mismanaged than this one and I hope other companies will take note of this and not make the trainload of miscues that Queen has here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Gozzi
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
The truth is still out there...
badge
Ïa! Ïa! Cthulhu fthagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fthagn!
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand you all too well and very sorry to hear that

You can also add that they also did false advertisement as there is things missing from the original kickstart pledge that may have mislead collectors like me

Tried multiple times to contact them, got an answer really quickly the first time... they NEVER delivered the goods and now they don't reply at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

1- The components of the original game are clearly explained in the rulebook. The rulebook is VERY easy to find (BGG or Queen games website

2-Again I refer to 1. An alternative is looking at the expansion listing on BGG which also has a clear explicit list

3-When have you heard that a game and its expansion came together? Normally they are one year apart! Why should it be different this time? Also, you must take into account that shipping thousands of games through a continent is not like sending a truck from one part of Germany to another. You have to load the boat, wait for it to ship, pass immigration, give it to the distributer, etc...

4-That is not a fault of the game, is it? It is not even a fault of Queen Games! it is the American distributer you are talking about!

5-Never ever ever believe expected release dates...But in this particular case I guess it is more than natural that there is a 6 weeks delay. Do you think Queen Games is delaying the selling of this game on purpose? They WANT to arrive before Christmas. See point 3.

In any case, it seems to me that your problem is that you/your spouse cannot wait to have this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Gozzi
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And what about when they say that the games will be SINGED & NUMBERED... to find out that they aren't to be told that it will be on a separate sticker that will ship separately next week and after a month we have yet to received this?

I call this false advertisement and they didn't delivered everything that was supposed to be included

So not very good for a company...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nushura wrote:

1- The components of the original game are clearly explained in the rulebook. The rulebook is VERY easy to find (BGG or Queen games website

2-Again I refer to 1. An alternative is looking at the expansion listing on BGG which also has a clear explicit list

3-When have you heard that a game and its expansion came together? Normally they are one year apart! Why should it be different this time? Also, you must take into account that shipping thousands of games through a continent is not like sending a truck from one part of Germany to another. You have to load the boat, wait for it to ship, pass immigration, give it to the distributer, etc...

4-That is not a fault of the game, is it? It is not even a fault of Queen Games! it is the American distributer you are talking about!

5-Never ever ever believe expected release dates...But in this particular case I guess it is more than natural that there is a 6 weeks delay. Do you think Queen Games is delaying the selling of this game on purpose? They WANT to arrive before Christmas. See point 3.

In any case, it seems to me that your problem is that you/your spouse cannot wait to have this game.

I disagree with pretty much every word here and not surprising that it wasn't written by some in the U.S. First of all the distribution problem isn't the fault of the game (that's too ridiculous a notion to even address) but it is 110% the faulty of Queen Games. They are the company that entered into a deal with a distributor like ACD. I believe the fact that ACD is involved has a lot to do with the fact that there is such a wide variety of release dates, so again Queen's fault. I detailed my problem and don't need your dime store diagnosis on what my problem is. My problem is exactly the opposite of what you suggested because my spouse no longer shows any interest in when or if the game might appear in my household and I am MUCH less interested than I was a month ago. I thought companies were in the business of heightening interest in games rather than diffusing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vorpalgens wrote:
And what about when they say that the games will be SINGED & NUMBERED... to find out that they aren't to be told that it will be on a separate sticker that will ship separately next week and after a month we have yet to received this?

I call this false advertisement and they didn't delivered everything that was supposed to be included

Do they use a real torch to singe the box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bagherra wrote:
Vorpalgens wrote:

Do they use a real torch to singe the box?

Maybe the torching got out of hand and that explains why so few copies are available to purchase in the U.S.?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The base game along with the included curses and treasures is very good. Buy it, if you like crazy RT/Coop games without much though. All the non-gamers I have played this with has been very positive about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wwscrispin wrote:
The base game along with the included curses and treasures is very good. Buy it, if you like crazy RT/Coop games without much though. All the non-gamers I have played this with has been very positive about it.

Now if you could only tell me how to do the bolded part before I completely lose interest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't really have any comment on the wait nor the KS or what was mismanaged or not.

However, this has been available in my game store locally for over a week and they have two versions available, one is 10$ US more. The only difference is a movie poster inside, a foil glossy cover, and rules in 6 languages. Since the cheaper two language edition contains an english rulebook I personally was all set.

Both editions have the original tiles, dice, and everything else you need to play the game. In addition, it comes with a sand timer ('Sands of Time expansion' for playing without the CD) and the module: Treasure and curses, which comes with another full set of cursed tiles, treasure tiles ( to place on them) and curse tiles (to draw).

The two other mini expansions, 'Doomed' and 'The Pit' were allegedly available at Spiel and BGG.con for $5 (not sure if it was also free with purchase). They were also KS items as well. It's rumored they will be at the BGG store for the same eventually.

In addition, KS backers were supposed to get stickers for their adventurers and signed copies, along with the mini expansions from what I have read. They also got the glossy box with movie poster edition.

Escape: Illusions is currently not available in the US but was sold at Spiel (maybe BGG.con too?). There are pictures as proof in the game's gallery along with comments from those who have played it. The expansion includes double chambers, illusion chambers, linked chambers, chalice/chamber, new curses/treasures. This also has dice and tokens for a 6th player.

To be frank, you can play 6 players now: this week we had multiple copies present at game nights and just did it.

I understand your frustration and its sad that it may inhibit you from purchasing what I find to be a very fun and accessible game with a ton of interesting ideas coming in the illusions set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could pre-order it from CoolStuff for $33, they say it is supposed to ship by December 5th. Their forecast dates are usually fairly accurate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Gozzi
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh the game is nice don't get me wrong... all level of gamers i know liked it for what it is!

Components and everything is great

But when we do not received everything that was supposed to be there as advertise during the campaign and that QG doesn't give any follow up... this is where i have a problem

Like just told a few posts above, we have yet to received the "signed & numbered" sticker that we were told we'll received...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
Ah, doctor, that aneasthetic is perfect!
mbmbmbmbmb
To the OP:

I understand your frustration. It is obviuous you really want this game. Have you contacted Queen-games yet about your issues? Maybe they can soften your frustration a bit?

Most things that were available at Essen will be available next year, even for Europeans, hey, even their 'neighbours' (lines are short in Europe).

Just give all of the companies, etc. in the line a chance to bring the game to you. It's hard to bring up patience for a game you really want, but I think the game is worth the waiting. I must say I'm also speaking for myself: I can't wait to get my hands on Illusions and The Pit (I was very lucky with the 'Doomed expansion': thanks to user EuropaExpress), on the other hand: I own the base game already, so I can speak very easily about this.

And trust me: it happens the other way around a lot. As in: you really want to see a movie here in the Netherlands which is (of course) already showing several months in the USA...

Be happy with what you have: the game will get to you if you really want it. Just give them a chance (a big/second chance, I mean ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the Kickstarter era. Companies have game ideas and take things out of their games and then call them 'promos' and 'exclusives' now. The days where you could go to a game store and buy a whole game are over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is cute and all, but I def regret this purchase. It was $50 plus at my FLGS, and we have played it like 2 times, both of which we won with ease. There just isn't much to it, and the price point is a bit steep for what comes in the box.

Not a fan. Not really at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick K
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw the base game in one of my local brick and mortars just yesterday and this is southern Florida not far from Coolstuff's FLGS so I have to imagine that they are being shipped out now. It could of just been a resale from one picked up at a con tho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
While I agree it won't be difficult for some or like most coops, 'how it comes out' may have an effect. This will not be a breeze for everyone, especially if your target audience is non-gamers/casual gamers/gamers who want something less thinky for a few minutes.

Too easy? we won once out of 7 times and I play real-time games like its my job. You could: play with more gems, reduce the amount of gem chambers in the game (the ones with a 3 gem potential), or wait for illusions for a few more difficult things to be thrown in. Or you could sell/trade it away, if that's your thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rickert wrote:
I disagree with pretty much every word here [...]

Really? You disagree with the fact that the rules are available on Queen Games' website? Or that the entire list of components is on BGG? or that games are released with expansions altogether? or that shipping large amounts of games have to go through customs? or that Queen Games is not delaying the delivery on purpose?

I repeat my position: your main complaint on the GAME seems to be that the EDITOR chose a DISTRIBUTOR that some RETAILER shops do not like.

First of all, do you think Queen Games chose their distributor based on the fact that some retailer does not like that distributing company? I honestly doubt so...but even if it were true, do you think there exists a distributer that is liked by ALL shops in the United States? As you said I do not live there, but I doubt such a thing exists.

Second and the main point of my post: do not judge a game by the editor/distributer/retailer related to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Help me to help you! Help me to help you!
United States
Edmond
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like Tom said, complaining about the difficulty seems a little lazy as it is incredibly easy to ramp it up. And we do because setting up some standard communication makes the rulebook's setup # of gems a cakewalk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nushura wrote:
rickert wrote:
I disagree with pretty much every word here [...]

Really? You disagree with the fact that the rules are available on Queen Games' website? Or that the entire list of components is on BGG? or that games are released with expansions altogether? or that shipping large amounts of games have to go through customs? or that Queen Games is not delaying the delivery on purpose?

I repeat my position: your main complaint on the GAME seems to be that the EDITOR chose a DISTRIBUTOR that some RETAILER shops do not like.

First of all, do you think Queen Games chose their distributor based on the fact that some retailer does not like that distributing company? I honestly doubt so...but even if it were true, do you think there exists a distributer that is liked by ALL shops in the United States? As you said I do not live there, but I doubt such a thing exists.

Second and the main point of my post: do not judge a game by the editor/distributer/retailer related to it.

I realize English may not be your primary language. But there is no EDITOR in this process and really no editor either. Queen Games made the choice of ACD as exclusive because I am sure it was of financial benefit. I doubt also that they made such a poor choice on purpose, but isn't it their place to investigate. The real issue here is the exclusivity of the arrangement. If they had allowed ACD to distribute along with others such as Alliance, I would have purchased this at least 10 days ago from the local store in my hometown. I have called six gaming stores in four different cities and none of them have the game and all of them either refuse to deal with ACD at all or only deal with ACD when necessary and only then when they have amassed a huge order, which they say is required to get any decent shipping price.

All of those things are true at least in the eyes of the six retailers to which I spoke. Those are things I wish Queen had discovered when they entered such an agreement. But perhaps the money was so much better than they were willing to put up with the downside since that downside mostly affected the gamers in the U.S.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rick, the online retailers in the US should be receiving the game in five days, on December 5th. So if you can wait a week or two more...

I think you're blessed to have a wife that will game with you at all. Mine loathes my hobby (any of them). She saw how excited my daughter was to play Mice and Mystics with me, nope, no interest. I told her I had designed a card game and a board game, nope, no interest.

Count your blessings

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in on the not very happy with Queen Games camp.

At least game stores in the USA HAVE the game (well, some of them). For some unknown reason they decided that Canada was not important enough to even get the game to us at the same time! No one up here even has it. So its a slap in the face coming to the game's page reading other people's enjoyment when we know we have to wait many weeks yet.

So right now it looks like at least another week before B&M stores will even get the game up here, meanwhile most people in the USA that went to a B&M store will of had it at least two weeks by that time, and everyone else will be receiving it from their favourite online store.

Those in Canada waiting to get from online stores will be lucky to get it by Christmas! Not impressed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeede wrote:
Rick, the online retailers in the US should be receiving the game in five days, on December 5th. So if you can wait a week or two more...

I think you're blessed to have a wife that will game with you at all. Mine loathes my hobby (any of them). She saw how excited my daughter was to play Mice and Mystics with me, nope, no interest. I told her I had designed a card game and a board game, nope, no interest.

Count your blessings

Cameron

But don't skip over the past that there are only about 6 games she will readily play and this was going to be 7. Right now I wouldn't bet on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mud Pupp
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
To rick, the OP:

The game contents are listed on the Queen's Games pdf of the rules. Oddly enough... referred to as "Game Components for the Basic Game." :p Here:

http://www.escape-queen-games.com/fileadmin/Escape/Rules/Esc...

They only mention 2 expansions ("Modules" on their site), "Curses" and "Treasures" here, listed on another pdf:

http://www.escape-queen-games.com/fileadmin/Escape/Rules/Esc...

Neither of those look like any of the 3 expansions listed here on BGG, however. (Of which 2 actually appear to only be promo items for Kickstarter supporters, and only "Illusions" being an actual expansion.)

And guys... I feel your pain. I just turned 44 and my wife STILL doesn't get my "addiction" as she refers to it. Oddly enough this is similar to rick's original problem of when I showed my wife the BGG listing for this she actually seemed fairly excited to try it out and said I should find it for the kids for Christmas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Other Tom
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the most pointless rant I have read in a while.

The contents of the games are completely clear. I'm sorry, but you have not done your research at all if you can't understand the contents of what's in the game. Here is a picture or two to show you -

The game should arrive to online retailers on the 5th. It is already in brick and mortar stores. Just pre-order it and forget about it. If that becomes too much of a concern then don't buy it, the game is going to be a hit with or without your support.

Get a grip man, is patience truly that rare these days?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.