Dungeons & Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Yet another beginner, trying to learn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jani Jalo
Finland
flag msg tools
Hello fellow boardgamers!

I got this week my first boardgame that uses miniatures and rules are in english. Well, since I'm not that good understanding it, I'm here to clear out some of the questions. shake Big thanks in advance!

1. You step on the edge of unexplored area. You place a tile and monster pops out. I cannot do anything, not use items or lets say for example "Cloud of darkness" from Drizzt? "Cloud of darkness" says "Use when a Monster within 1 tile of your Hero would activate", so I'm not within 1 tile as I am on another tile than monster, correct?

2. Same situation continues. Monster is Goblin Cutter and has tactic "If the Goblin Cutter is within 1 tile of a Hero it moves..." So, since I am on another tiles edge, I'm not within 1 tile, correct?

3. Drizzt has "Twin Strike" ability can I use it on a single target with both strikes?

4. Feral Troll has: Attack 8, Damage 3 + move the Hero 2 tiles. So if Feral Troll hits one of the Heroes he/she gets thrown backwards, but what if there is unexplored area behind you? Do you add a tile and new monster etc. or will Hero stop flying backwards on that unexplored edge?

5. If we are 2+ Heroes doing dungeon, will all monsters attack on each Heroes turns? Simply, do all monsters get "extra" turns based on number of players? I used to play D&D roleplaying games when I was younger and I thought all monsters/players shared 1 turn, meaning everyone does 1 action in a round.

6. When a Hero levels up, does he/she get fully healed? For example my Hero has 8 HP, it has lost 4 health in combat and gains a level. He now has 10HP minus 4 health loss, meaning he has 6 health left, correct?

7. Neither monster or a Hero can attack each other when they have a tile edge between them and they are positioned diagonal squares?

8. All Villans and monsters activate on each players Villain phase?

Ok, questions are here so far...I might come up with new ones as we play more. There could be answers to my questions in this forum, but I'm really having hard time finding them after reading posts for several hours...Sorry...And...Errr, thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scautura _
United Kingdom
Bracknell
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1: "Within 1 tile" means your tile, and any of the tiles next to your tile, so yes, you can use it in this case.

2: Again, yes, this happens in this case.

3: Yes, you can use both strikes on the same target.

4: [Left blank until I get to the rules]

5: Each monster is assigned to the player who draws it. During a player's turn, every monster that matches one of the monsters assigned to that player "activates" (this will mean if there are two bears, both will activate on two players' turns, three bears on three players, etc.) Try not to think in terms of the D&D RPG.

6: No healing occurs, so what you say is correct. You do exactly as the card says (i.e. "you gain 2 HP" would mean something starting with 8HP would now have 10HP, but the amount of damage done to them would not change).

7: Diagonal squares count as adjacent. Diagonal tiles are not (that would be distance 2). If there is a tile edge, that would be 1 tile distance, but adjacent squares - be careful of the terminology in game, a tile is not a square. Additionally, it can be beneficial to attack from a different tile to the monster.

8: All villains activate on all players' Villain phase. Monsters only activate on a player's phase if they have a corresponding card (see 5 above).

I'm having problems getting my head around 4 without the card or rules in front of me, so hopefully someone else can come up with an answer! My gut feeling says that you stop at the edge of an unexplored tile, but I don't want to say it without confirmation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jani Jalo
Finland
flag msg tools
Thank you very much for clearing things out! Question 4 still remains and yes I thought exactly same as you, but could use confirmation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JaniJalo wrote:
Thank you very much for clearing things out! Question 4 still remains and yes I thought exactly same as you, but could use confirmation.

Jani, welcome to BGG!

For question 4 (Feral Troll), such forced movement will never cause new tiles to be revealed unless otherwise stated. The hero hit will have to move 2 tiles in any direction and it can be an "L" shaped movement so it is almost 100% certain that the dungeon layout will allow for it. If there are several possible paths, the active player decides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jani Jalo
Finland
flag msg tools
Excellent and thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.