Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ahmed Hadzi
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the defender buys the Bunker Complex which includes the 8FP mines, and during the game plays hidden minefield, what strength that new minefield will be?

The rule book says the following:

F103.2 Mine Attack
The strength of a Mine Attack is a default 6
FP unless the scenario Defender is specifically
assigned (or purchased) a 7- or 8-FP
Minefield capability.

Now, it is not clear what is meant by capability. Buying the minefield OBs (such as extensive minefield) is considered exclusive capability or does the Bunker Complex fulfills that capability as it already includes stronger mines?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
ahmedhadzi wrote:
If the defender buys the Bunker Complex which includes the 8FP mines, and during the game plays hidden minefield, what strength that new minefield will be?

There will only be one strength of minefield in a game. So if the Bunker Complex w/ 8FP Mines was purchased, the Hidden Mines action will place 8FP Mines on the map.

Notice that there is a Mines counter w/ 7FP on the front /8FP on the back that can be placed on the Mines box on the track display to remind players of the minefield strength in the current game.

So to answer your second question, purchasing the Bunker Complex includes 8FP mines. The defender could not then purchase a Hasty or Prepared Minefield as the strength doesn't match.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.