Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danni Durante
Canada
Etobicoke
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering if anybody who did a group buy in Canada got a little extra with their order. Such as a bill from FED EX for some extra delivery charges.

I, for one, will never do another group kickstart EVER. I'm kinda annoyed that the kickstarter didn't state that there may be extra charges incurred for shipping. Whenever I get packages sent from the US they NEVER have any extra charges. I'm pissed at Game Salute for shipping this way and not being up front with the extra charges. Should Game Salute not have known this? I mean, being a game publisher and shipping games all the time...? I would not have kickstarted this had I known. Is my anger displaced? Is this common practice? WTF??!

That said, I'm lucky that I had a great group who pitched in to help and I didn't have to foot the whole tab. But it's terrible to have to go back and ask others for more which defeats the whole kickstart deal altogether.

Very disappointed. That's my gripe for the day... Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
tikitack wrote:
Just wondering if anybody who did a group buy in Canada got a little extra with their order. Such as a bill from FED EX for some extra delivery charges.

I, for one, will never do another group kickstart EVER. I'm kinda annoyed that the kickstarter didn't state that there may be extra charges incurred for shipping. Whenever I get packages sent from the US they NEVER have any extra charges. I'm pissed at Game Salute for shipping this way and not being up front with the extra charges. Should Game Salute not have known this? I mean, being a game publisher and shipping games all the time...? I would not have kickstarted this had I known. Is my anger displaced? Is this common practice? WTF??!

That said, I'm lucky that I had a great group who pitched in to help and I didn't have to foot the whole tab. But it's terrible to have to go back and ask others for more which defeats the whole kickstart deal altogether.

Very disappointed. That's my gripe for the day... Thank you.

That isn't something that anyone involved in the Kickstarter should have had to mention. There is often extra fees involved when receiving a delivery in other countries from other countries, depending on the service used to deliver it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Durante
Canada
Etobicoke
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I don't know, I've ordered plenty of things from the US and what I paid is all I paid. Just sayin'....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
What carrier brought them to you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Durante
Canada
Etobicoke
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fed Ex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure mine arrived via Canada Post, which means that it was initially sent via USPS.

They probably shipped via FedEx due to the combined order. Cheaper to ship but man o man does FedEx like their border fees.

I try to avoid them at all costs when going across the border.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.