Martin Mlodzkoski
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Got the new set and am trying to build something uber around gondorians and rohanians:

New boromir is +1 ax for gondorians when he banks a resource. This is nice but certainly no dain

Astonishing speed is 3 cost to boost all rohanian wp +2 for a quest phase. We likes this yes precious.

We do not sleep is 5 cost to have rohanians quest without exhausting. Costly but very good.

Eomund can die to ready all rohanians.

Citadel custodian is the new guy that gets cheapr for each gondorian ally u have in play. Meh his stats are not that great...

For gondor is an oldy but a goody. However im usually using just the ax bonus and the xtra shield is wasted. Looks to be helpful in the new quests

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Weidus
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New boromir isn't as good as dain and is better than dain. He doesn't give as much buffage, but he can be exhausted and still give that buff, which is HUGE. Dain is a good character just by his own stats, but half the time you can't use him.

Eomund is really the guy you chump block with against some big baddie so that all your little 1 and 2 attack rohan guys can stand up and swarm tackle the baddie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Mlodzkoski
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I find that dain is good to boost the dwarf questers and then i often get to defend with him. The quest boost is huge...there is nothing that competes with it.

Astonishing speed is nice but it is not an every turn boost. Eowyn of course is awesome but even with the new cards, rohanians and gondorians just dont keep up with dwarves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Forster
United States
Oregon City
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dwarves are the strongest right now, but we'll see what Gondor looks like after the cycle is complete. I doubt the dwarfs are getting much more, while Gondor is just starting and I'm guessing there is a Rohan cycle around the corner somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beano
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to assume that the second saga expansion of the hobbit will bring more dwarves. I hope for a dwarven healer so that Warden of Healing can go home to Gondor. Perhaps we'll be done after that for a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.