Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Gustavsson
Sweden
Forsa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which of the two expansions do you suggest, Urban Structures or 2nd Story?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMERIGAMER!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only own the 2nd story expansion, and it's great. It comes shrink wrapped (no box) and will fit in the Flash Point box. My only complaint is that I'm not going to be able to fit another expansion , and I want to get Urban Structutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're both awesome if you enjoy the base game. I'd probably get Urban Structures first as the two sides of the board have more variety than 2nd story buildings (the 2nd story buildings are different but they're both 2 story buildings). The structural engineer role is also very cool and comes with Urban Structures.

Get them both though if you play this game regularly, they're cheap and phenomenal (they are tough too).

Edit - I fit everything into one box, the lid just doesn't close all the way so you can't stack anything on top of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have both and my box doesn't close, but that's also because I'm trying to keep the tokens organized. You just live with it.

Can't give any advice on which expansion is better though, I just got them both recently and haven't gotten to play them yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deb Wentworth
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I strongly recommend the 2nd story expansion of the 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoy the additional mechanics found in Second Story (windows & ladders), but if you're looking for highest difficulty level, then you need Urban Structures...that skyscraper building is just plain nasty
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hillier
United States
Kettering
OH
flag msg tools
WDYPTW Podcast
badge
I am the wurst!
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up both at the same time - whatever came with the tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gustavsson
Sweden
Forsa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CouldnĀ“t decide so I ordered both expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMERIGAMER!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
garry_rice wrote:
I enjoy the additional mechanics found in Second Story (windows & ladders), but if you're looking for highest difficulty level, then you need Urban Structures...that skyscraper building is just plain nasty:)

SOLD! I just ordered Urban Structures!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got both and they do fit int the box - with the 3D firefighters and the flat firemeeples. Barely and the box weighs a ton. The key is fitting the 3D firefighters bases along the "slot" between the boards and the box as well as storing the tokens in something really flat. I use the cases from old cassette tapes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deb Wentworth
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Altoid tins. My co-workers know they need to save Altoid tins for my games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.