Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Anderson
United States
Elk Grove Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
#25: Russian Reinforcements
Units: V Caucasian Corps, Special Inf Div (Black Sea Marines), 1 Elite Inf Div.

...in my opinion after many games. In my current game I didn't get this card until Turn 6 and despite the Turn 5 Parvus variant being used it's been killer. By not getting it Turn 3 I've lost out on 3 full turns of potential offensive action as you usually spend the first turn you get it walking to the front after playing it. You also get your emergency buffer against Gorlice/Tarnow (dropping yourself down to 2 RU corps is not conducive to offensive success) plus the Marines threat though I have never invaded with them once in any game.

Even more so than Turn One, the Turn 3 first draw into Limited War cards has to be the most important of the game.
This is the one I want to see over all others.

Opinions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
juerg haeberli
msg tools
Lawrence and the arabs can be a deadly combo early in the game.
The big early invasions give a leg up in pressure and deployment.
Just 2 things that come to my had.
Havent played pug for a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Slizewski
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The card I'm most happy to see on T3 is Lawrence. Of course if you don't get Arab Revolt quickly it loses some of its appeal, but getting to see CP hand and reducing jihad are nice bonuses on T3.

And it just sucks to get Arab Revolt before you see Lawrence.

Russian Reinforcements #25 are number 2 on my list.

Card I never want to see: No Prisoners. Can hardly ever use it and hate for the CP to have it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmet Ilpars
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I find 2 invasion cards in Turn 3 very useful. I play 1 at 6th round of 3rd turn. the other 1 as 1st card in turn 1.
At 1 time I conquered most of Galipoli Map with this combo and my adversary just surrendered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.