Jerome Chan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a boat in the disembarkation hex and an explorer on the boat tries to disembark while there is also a shark in the same hex, will the explorer be eaten?

Or is he "jumping the shark?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that the boat can be pulled up on land, leaving the shark hungry. No need to step into the water (especially as that would require another turn, as getting in the water ends your current meeple's movement).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The Mysterious Manor
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as you can step directly from the main island onto a boat, you can also step from a boat directly onto one of the corner islands.

It's entirely possible (and quite common) to get some of your people to safety without ever getting them wet.

ADDED: If a person jumps out of a boat and into a water hex with a shark, they will get eaten no matter how close (or far) they are from safety.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Above are correct, but now I need to make a house-rule, "Jump the Shark" variant. Gonna need some leather jackets and jorts for my meeples!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.