United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure what an abstract office is, but I assume it's whatever you want it to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want a serious answer, an Abstract of Title is the paperwork that gives information about your real property. It's usually legal-sized (8.5 x 14") and about a half inch thick, though if someone has been in a house for a long time, they can be thin, like a quarter inch, or if it's complicated property, over an inch thick. It gives a description of the boundary lines, and is important if you think someone's fence is on your property. Around here, there are often iron pipes at the corners of property, so it will say things like "goes 50.2 meters to an iron pipe" but it also uses things such as the midpoint of roads to measure from. It shows the times the property was conveyed, and to whom. It's a record of the where, the when, and the who of land.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucio Rodriguez
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
designer
Yep, more words here.
badge
This is overtext. Man, what an awesome use of 100 geekgold! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

I cannot thumb this enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
indigopotter wrote:
If you want a serious answer, an Abstract of Title is the paperwork that gives information about your real property. It's usually legal-sized (8.5 x 14") and about a half inch thick, though if someone has been in a house for a long time, they can be thin, like a quarter inch, or if it's complicated property, over an inch thick. It gives a description of the boundary lines, and is important if you think someone's fence is on your property. Around here, there are often iron pipes at the corners of property, so it will say things like "goes 50.2 meters to an iron pipe" but it also uses things such as the midpoint of roads to measure from. It shows the times the property was conveyed, and to whom. It's a record of the where, the when, and the who of land.

Despite indigopotter's very accurate description of what this is, I would still recommend you go in there and ask if they have the GIPF series.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Centreville!!!!!!

Spoiler (click to reveal)
(TomA's DHS office has to share resources with the Centreville DHS office, sometimes things get a little..... prickly between them)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
When I opened the thread I could not see your caption under the photo. I was going to reply that is most likely the sun reflecting off the 2nd story window. Now I guess I won't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Abstract of Title for my house traces the property back to a 4000-acre tract of land (*huge* tracts of land!) given to John Rathbone for his service in the Revolutionary War.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Jatoha wrote:
Centreville!!!!!!

Funny, I've actually been to that town. Have a boat load of family living the Stevensville, St. Joseph, Niles area...My Dad went to HS in Niles.

Michigan...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
.My Dad went to HS in Niles.

Michigan...

Rangers rule, Vikings drool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.