Craig Besinque
Canada
New Denver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys,

Persian Uprising, played optimally, turns out to be a MUCH bigger pain in the rear for the Allies than intended.

After some playtesting, I would suggest the following two modifications to the v1.15 rules (v1.16, upcoming shortly, incorporates these changes):

1) Persian Uprising (only) cannot occur prior to Soviet belligerence. (The Soviet-Allied invasion of Persia was prompted by Persian refusal to allow an Allied LendLease route through Persia.)

2) The dieroll for DE TC (Turkey Cooperates with Axis) is reduced to LESS THAN the number of undefended Soviet cities bordering Turkey. (This allows one additional Soviet TransCaucasus unit to deploy on the Persian border.)

Craig

PS. I have posted "ME Issues Redux" in the files section. This is an update of the "ME Issues" article originally posted on EuroFront.org incorporating these changes in its discussion, plus the rule change allowing ME THQ to support combat in the Southern Zone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lags
Australia
Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Soviets can probably use another unit to content with the Germans in Eurofront

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marten Tjaart Raadsveld
Netherlands
Den Haag
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Didn't play the whole Eurofront that much, but I don't remember Persian Revolt being much of a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Fort Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
It takes the British several turns to cut Persian national supply if the Soviets are neutral. If the Axis are lucky, they can get a Persian revolt and Turkish cooperation without the Allies being able to do anything about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Menconi
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
..."really lucky Axis" can get TX. That pretty well pulls the Allies right out of Egypt, standing at the Canal. Turkey limited to one hex into Syria/Iraq, so it's not a great threat (but their cav unit is dangerous in the empty spaces).

Historically, Persia wasn't a player until the Brits wanted to ship through (after Barbarossa). It also fell rather easily to joint Brit/Sov actions. The game (old rules) requries MF resources out of all reason to tip things back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.