Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
If you could touch the alien sand and hear the cries of strange birds and watch them wheel in another sky, would that satisfy you?
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rishi A.
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So Superman was laughing so hard that he let Lois plunge to her death? Wow, that's dark for an early Superman comic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
I get the sense that Kerry Callen is making modern comics inspired by Golden Age comics.

Could be wrong though.

-I don't see Kerry Callen listed as a member of the creative team at the Wikipedia Superman entry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rishi wrote:
So Superman was laughing so hard that he let Lois plunge to her death? Wow, that's dark for an early Superman comic.
"Charging for baggage" on a flight is an idea and phrase that is only a few years old. This clearly isn't an early Superman comic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kSwingrÜber
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
Rishi wrote:
"Charging for baggage" on a flight is an idea and phrase that is only a few years old. This clearly isn't an early Superman comic.

Not necessarily true. Used to be you got a few metric-tons of baggage for free (well, maybe a bag or two), and then after that they'd "charge for baggage"...

I do suspect, however, that "baggage" in reference to someone's emotional ties to the past (and past relationships) may be a more recent turn of phrase.

Edit: damn google... a quick bit of "research" would indicate that using "baggage" in the sense of some abstract emotion or burden may go back to the 17th century. So yeah, never mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
jimbrax wrote:
sheesh, way to over-analyse a cartoon strip joke, fellas...
You should see the conclusions I was able to arrive at from "Hi and Lois" last week. Now that was pretty neat stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
YOU ARE LIKELY TO BE EATEN BY A
badge
ɥɔʇıןƃ ʎʇıןɐǝɹ
mbmbmbmbmb
Rishi wrote:

Naw, he can catch her. He just has to break the sound barrier. And most of her bones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sadler
United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
From the Halls of Montezuma...
badge
...to the Shores of Tripoli...
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't get it. How is that person flying?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Nah, the joke here is that Superman's super-sonic laughter disintegrated her. He's like a low-powered Black Bolt when he laughs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
No you've all got it wrong, you know how every orifice of Superman has a power. Clearly, she was sucked into his rectum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait a minute. I've got the "Superman is Dead" issue. Is he reborn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kSwingrÜber
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sisteray wrote:
No you've all got it wrong, you know how every orifice of Superman has a power. Clearly, she was sucked into his rectum.

Rectum hell... it damn near killed 'im!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
He went overloading on testing and coding and his name was
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
Support comes in many forms: community involvement, forum posts, submitting data, running PbF games, word-of-mouth advertising, financial donations... All these are vital to this site, and you have my sincere thanks for participating in any of them.
badge
Currently: planning.
mbmbmbmbmb
More in the series:

http://kerrycallen.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Super%20Antic...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Lincoln
NE: NEBRASKA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So did she fall off on accident or jump off after such a corny joke?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite Superman comic was in an old issue of PLOP!

Lois is sitting on the window sill and Clark is in the office. Lois falls out and Clark changes to Superman and flies down to catch her. Just as he grabs her she smiles and says "I saw you change into Superman! Now I know you're really Clark Kent!"

Next panel has clark sitting in the office and Perry White walks in asking "Where is Lois?"

Clark doesn't look up but just says "She fell out the window"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
Batman could take him.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.