Subject: Broader Take on Board Game Reviews rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Barker
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I've just recently started a boardgame review blog this week and I just posted my second review! Here is a link to my blog http://toddsboardgames.blogspot.ca/

I've read up on games on bgg for a couple years but never became a member and over the last year there’s been so much going on in my life that I had no time for games. But now that I am back in my home town and have some support I've rediscovered my love for board games but there was one thing I quickly noticed. That is that the board gaming community is growing! But sadly there seems to be a 'negative' stigma around games that are clearly catered to new players.

If a game is clearly meant for gamers new to the hobby then should it not be reviewed from that perspective instead of the game getting a lower rating than it deserves just because it’s not John Hancock favourite game.

My blog is attempting to solve this problem and review games in a way that doesn’t give away all the good parts like a movie trailer, covers the basic outline of the game and most importantly appreciates all angels of a good board game. I like to stay positive and my reviews reflect this, if there is a game I feel strongly against I will say so, but I’m sure it has some good features and qualities worth touching on instead of rating it a 4/10. Thus none of my reviews will have a numbered rating attached to them.

Please check out my blog, any and all feedback/ comments are welcome and greatly appreciated! http://toddsboardgames.blogspot.ca/

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.