Hide
5 Posts

7 Wonders: Cities» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hatshepsut + Clandestine Dock + Trading Post? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JRAM theBandit
msg tools
So with Clandestine Dock + Trading Post, the first resource you buy from your neighbor each turn is free. If you have Hatshepsut, do you get money from it? And then could you buy resources you already have just to get money?

Another question: When you build the second stage of Rome, can you burn the leader it lets you build, or put it under the third stage, or can you only build it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JRAMtheBandit wrote:
So with Clandestine Dock + Trading Post, the first resource you buy from your neighbor each turn is free. If you have Hatshepsut, do you get money from it? And then could you buy resources you already have just to get money?
Just in case... the former is 1st of ANY resource (brown or gray) costs only $1, while the latter is you pay only $1 to commerce off brown goods. IIRC, they don't combine. It's like when you try to use Trading Post with Olympia side B.... you don't get to Commerce for free.... it still costs $1.

As to with Hatshepsut... in theory, I'd say you'd get the $$. I vaguely recall a game where someone actually made $$ off her with other related powers he had.

JRAMtheBandit wrote:
Another question: When you build the second stage of Rome, can you burn the leader it lets you build, or put it under the third stage, or can you only build it?
AFAIK, you're welcome to to build a stage of your wonder, so it's just like the usual "build a Leader" portion of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
ackmondual wrote:
JRAMtheBandit wrote:
Just in case... the former is 1st of ANY resource (brown or gray) costs only $1, while the latter is you pay only $1 to commerce off brown goods. IIRC, they don't combine. It's like when you try to use Trading Post with Olympia side B.... you don't get to Commerce for free.... it still costs $1.

As to with Hatshepsut... in theory, I'd say you'd get the $$. I vaguely recall a game where someone actually made $$ off her with other related powers he had.

Actually I'm 90% sure that I'm the person you were referring to and I had the combo stated above and we played it that the first time I bought from him it was free and I got a coin rebate.

Also the two powers do stack
Page 7 of rules
Quote:
CLANDESTINE DOCK (EAST / WEST)
Each turn, the player has a commercial rebate
of one coin on the first resource (brown or
gray) they buy from the neighboring city (left
or right depending on the symbol). This rebate
is cumulative with that of a Market or a Counter
: the first resource bought can thus be free.

JRAMtheBandit wrote:
And then could you buy resources you already have just to get money?

Although I don't know if it is officially stated anywhere I've asked a similar themed question and the responses I got from other users were on the line of if you have it yourself you must use it before you commerce but again I haven't seen an official answer for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This would let you get a coin from Hatshepsut. Her condition is the first time in a turn you buy a resource from a neighbour, you get a coin, yes? You're buying a resource, which then kicks the Trading Post and Clandestine Dock into effect, and Hatshepsut.

You cannot choose to not use a resource you already have, I believe. I think it's in the base game rules, but it's to stop you essentially 'gifting' money to other players.

A more interesting case is though, suppose you had no money, and these three cards (lets assume left Dock+Post). Can you buy two resources off of your left neighbour? The first costs you 0 and gives you a coin. The second costs you $1, which you just received from Hatshepsut. I would guess the Leaders book clarifies this, but I don't have that to hand, so...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
I Eat Tables wrote:

A more interesting case is though, suppose you had no money, and these three cards (lets assume left Dock+Post). Can you buy two resources off of your left neighbour? The first costs you 0 and gives you a coin. The second costs you $1, which you just received from Hatshepsut. I would guess the Leaders book clarifies this, but I don't have that to hand, so...

Oh internet where would be without you

Quote:
Once she enters play, each purchase of one or
more resources from a neighbor grants 1 coin
from the bank. Note that this gain is limited to
1 coin per neighbor per turn.
Clarification: the player takes this gain from the
bank immediately AFTER having paid for his or
her purchase.

Note that when you get this combo going it's fairly rare that you are out of money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.