Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Jones
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the real selling points of this game for me was the solo play, and after my first game I can say it is a really enjoyable experience.

It also is probably the best way to learn the mechanics of the game for teaching to new players, as most everything remains the same except for card play.

So the first game started rough, I may have proposed too many projects early rather than trying to install and construct - but I had so many lobby cards for proposing that I felt it was the best way to raise money.

After the first decade, the carbon footprint was out of control
But I quickly installed a couple recycling and biomass plants, continuing to use lobby cards to add to my money stash and expertise. I would say it is critical in the early going to get scientists out on projects and then into the summits - the resources up for grabs on the expertise tracks are great, plus you can really set up some cool combos in the solo game.

Unfortunately, by the 2010's, not enough had been done in Asia and North America to slow the flow of dirty power - with an unlucky draw of 2 coal plants and 1 oil at the start of the 2020s (into Asia, North America and Europe), 540 ppm Carbon was reached and everyone drowned, or starved, or died in wars over resources (pick your favorite!)

But all was not lost, as my Company made a ton of money and I could retire to a mountain paradise away from the proles

Final score breakdown:

VP on board = 97 (green power + 36 in U.N. goals)
Company goal card = 16
Money = 48+96(CEP conversion)= 72

Final score = 185

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John LaRuffa
United States
Hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, pray for us!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am very surprised you made it all the way to the beginning of 2020! I lost in the supply phase of 2000 and finished with 124. I agree that this is a fun game to play solo and critical to figuring out how all of this works. Now that I have played it solo, I cannot wait to try it with others. It seems like a game that will really reward sneaky, clever play. I like that a lot. Great game!

I rate it a solid 8 after one solo play with the possibility to go up after further plays or with others, but probably not go down. I wonder about downtime in a 4-5 player game. Not sure how that will make me feel. Only time will tell I suppose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Fischer
Netherlands
Den Haag
---
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that's a good score. I crashed in 2000 as well, and came in at around 120 points as well.

I agree, the solo game is an excellent way of learning the mechanics and flow of the game.

Per
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jones
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all, I thought it was a pretty good game as well, until I saw a couple other session reports on here with players who won their first time.

I' in the same boat as far as downtime goes in the 4-5 player game, I think 4 will be ok but I don't think I will try the game with 5 anytime soon. On the plus side, each player's turn should be pretty short as there is a maximum of 4 actions (and usually only 2 or three) each turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,
4 players is a nice choice for your first game. Enjoy, and congratulations for winning the solitary game. Not an easy task.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.