Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: Stealing Agendas rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matteh Forre
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey guys, just got the game and have finished one game so far. We started playing another and my gf made a run on my R&D. She got an agenda from it.

Is she allowed to steal that agenda? Seems like you could win in one round if you're lucky and get three agenda cards by making a run using "The Maker's eye"

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Olmstead
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matte87 wrote:
Hey guys, just got the game and have finished one game so far. We started playing another and my gf made a run on my R&D. She got an agenda from it.

Is she allowed to steal that agenda? Seems like you could win in one round if you're lucky and get three agenda cards by making a run using "The Maker's eye"

Thanks in advance!

Yes she can. And yes you can lose to a first round Maker's Eye. Better put some ICE in front of R&D!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matte87 wrote:

Thanks in advance!

p 18:
Stealing Agendas
If the Runner accesses an agenda, he steals it and places it
faceup in his score area, resolving any conditional abilities on
the agenda that use the language “When you steal.” While an
agenda is in the Runner’s score area, it adds its agenda points
to his score. The Runner cannot decline to steal agendas he
accesses.

-=-=-

You are correct, a first turn Maker's Eye against an unprotected R&D could win the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteh Forre
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Holy crap you guys are fast! surprise I'm going to prioritize putting ICE on my R&D in the future.

Thanks for the replies This game is a breath of fresh air that's for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matte87 wrote:
Holy crap you guys are fast! surprise I'm going to prioritize putting ICE on my R&D in the future.
Don't forget to ICE up HQ as well, especially if the Runner is playing Gabriel; agendas accessed from HQ also get scored, and if you're unlucky enough to end up with a starting hand full of Agendas (remember, you can mulligan, but someone posted a story just a week or two ago about mulligan-ing a hand with no ICE and 2 Agendas, only to draw a hand with no ICE and 4 Agendas), a similar first-turn win can happen.

One of the most common first-turn plays for the Corporation is:
* ICE R&D
* ICE HQ
* Take 1 credit (or Hedge Fund or Beanstalk Royalties, if the Corp has one in their starting hand)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteh Forre
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Alright, got it. Got another quick question while I'm at it.

Can you rez an agenda, and is it free to do so? Didn't find that in the rules. I've got "Private Security Force" and it says I can pay one "click" to do 1 "meat damage".

Thanks once again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Freeman
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You never need to rez an agenda. Instead, when you have put enough advancement tokens on the agenda and wish to score it (at the beginning of your turn or after one of your actions) you automatically flip it over and place it in your score area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matte87 wrote:

I guess it is worth noting that while it is possible to lose that way it is very unlikely from a statistical point of view. If it happen, feel free to laugh and proceed to playing a new game after a quick reshuffle. Almost like a mulligan after a bad starting hand.

As we are in unlikely scenario. It is possible for a runner to die by getting hit by 2 or 3 snare from a first turn run against R&D using maker's eye.

Edit: ok perhaps not first turn due to cost. But say early game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Presley
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zhab wrote:

As we are in unlikely scenario. It is possible for a runner to die by getting hit by 2 or 3 snare from a first turn run against R&D using maker's eye.

Edit: ok perhaps not first turn due to cost. But say early game.

This happened to me against an HB player. Put ICE on HQ, credit, credit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StarSix wrote:
You never need to rez an agenda. Instead, when you have put enough advancement tokens on the agenda and wish to score it (at the beginning of your turn or after one of your actions) you automatically flip it over and place it in your score area.

You can never rez an Agenda, period.

Agenda are scored.

Assets, Upgrades and ICE are rezzed.

It's a subtle difference that matters when we start getting cards that say 'install and rez' that affect things beyond ICE (like Accelerated Beta Test does now).

---

One Note, this is somewhat confusing because Agenda are always unrezzed until scored, which means they can be exposed.

Regardless, at no time is an Agenda ever 'rezzed'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Freeman
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for pointing that out. I probably should have been more precise with my language.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteh Forre
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ah okay. Just won two games in a row. Will try another deck than the recommended starter deck tomorrow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.