Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our intrepid heroes had their combined butts kicked by the deadly Citizens of Dawn's army, with a LOT of help from the timeless guardians of the Ruins of Atlantis.

End result...

Legacy KO
Haka KO
The Wraith KO

Citizen Dawn. 25 HP

What happened?

The initial set up looked sweet. Early on, Legacy found his ring and The Wraith had on her utility belt. Two powers from each was whittling away the various citizens nicely. The team focused on getting five citizens into the trash, and did so with very little damage.

Strangely, they seemed to have very few cards due to several discards done to remove Environment effects. It didn't matter much, however, as the cards they DID have were great.

I thought it was the easiest match up so far.

The Wraith had been using her Infrared Eyepiece to manage the villain deck. Then a nightmare card sequence came out. Return with the Dawn plus Channel the Eclipse. Suddenly, all hell broke loose. Citizens were popping out everywhere.

At around the same time, TWO Krakens appeared along with Mystical Defences. Initially, they almost helped the heroes, but they quickly began to hurt The Wraith.

It was around this time that the villain cards that The Wraith had put to the bottom of the pack started to appear. So several bad cards one after another. Devastating Aurora lived up to its name. Took away pretty much all the heroes' options.

Ultimately, the Devastating Aurora was the cause of the loss. That card, two Kraken, Mystic Defences, plus re-animating citizens just killed me off.

And it had all started SO well!

Legacy
Had a dream start with his ring and was using Motivational Charge, Surge of Strength plus his innate power to do four damage per turn and heal heroes for one. Then he lost all his cards over a few turns and was the first to be KOd.

Haka
Went down fighting. Consistently killing citizens and putting hurt on Citizen Dawn. Took several hits that should have gone to Wraith. Overwhelmed at the end.

The Wraith
Super initial set up using her utility belt to block damage and manage the villain deck. Worked like clockwork until the extra villain card per turn came out. Deck management stopped and she was wiped by a Devastating Aurora. She got halfway set up again only to be DA hit soon after. She didn't much like the Kraken either!

Ruins of Atlantis
Once again, the Environment played a key role. First half it caused a lot of hero discards. Second half, just mad damage from the Krakens plus mystical defences. The team spent a few turns actively managing the Kraken to kill citizens, but that got tricky when the second came out along with the challenging villain cards.

Still good fun though! The heroes will recover and Citizen Dawn will fall...

Regards,

Fentum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be clear, I'm playing all these matches without reading ahead any, so I don't know what to expect from the villain. Having finished this game, I read flamethrower's strategy guide to Citizen Dawn on the publisher's site.

How I laughed!

Without any knowledge of Citizen Dawn's deck, I was hit by pretty much EVERYTHING that flamethrower warned about!

My tactics vs individual cards were totally in line with flamethrower's recommendations, but my overall plan was flawed, as I had no expectation of the TRULY Devastating Aurora.

Really cool game.

Flamethrower's guides are excellent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Hogan
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the AAR! It's actually a HUGE help to me. I just paid for the SotM Everything Ever (+Vengeance) Kickstarter, but have never played SotM, so more than a little worried I wouldn't enjoy it. This makes me very hopeful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't wait to play this game, I hear she is really something to deal with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dochogan wrote:
Thanks for the AAR! It's actually a HUGE help to me. I just paid for the SotM Everything Ever (+Vengeance) Kickstarter, but have never played SotM, so more than a little worried I wouldn't enjoy it. This makes me very hopeful!

Thanks for the feedback. Pleasure to be of service. Can you follow what's going on without actually having the game? Some of the names of cards might be weird, but I hope you get the drift.

It's a cracking game, and so far I've only played solo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth H
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the shoutout! That's what I write them for. They are on this site, too. Well, not Citizen Dawn, yet. Fixing that!

Nice report! Hope you beat her soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Pontiff
United States
Houma
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can this game be played solo? I know you may have to control multiple decks, but I noticed the rules say 2-5 players and not 1-5. Sounds like a great game, but don't want to waste my money if you can't play solo either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth H
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sentinels of the Multiverse can be played solo. I do it all the time. To be within the parameters of the rules, you just have to be willing to play 3 characters at once. If that's too much, there are all sorts of mods and rule changes you could go for if you were interested in looking them up on this site. But simply playing 4 characters doesn't overwhelm me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.