Harvie Jarriell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While do some Xmas shopping last Wednesday, I discovered one the local game stores in my area had twelves copies instock. Six where English Editions and the other six where Collectors Edition (with the Collector's being $9 more). When I asked the clerk what more you got from the Collector's edition, he wasn't aware of any differences other than having instructions in other languages.

Anyone know if the Collectors Edition includes anything more than the instructions in other languages?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Help me to help you! Help me to help you!
United States
Edmond
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From this thread:

Quote:
...they have two versions available, one is 10$ US more. The only difference is a movie poster inside, a foil glossy cover, and rules in 6 languages. Since the cheaper two language edition contains an english rulebook I personally was all set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was told by our store clerk that there was no difference other than the cover and the rulebooks, as told to him by the distributor. They obtained copies for sale of the 'foil' edition at no extra cost but could command more for them, of course.

Since this was the edition given to kickstarter backers, I know that there was also a movie poster contained in the box. KS supporters of escape can chime in and correct me if I am wrong but I read one of them saying this elsewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Gozzi
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
The truth is still out there...
badge
Ïa! Ïa! Cthulhu fthagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fthagn!
mbmbmbmbmb
The collector's ed. (at least, the oes from Kickstarter) was supposed to be singed & numbered by the designer...

Then we were told that this would be done through a sticker because some people didn't want their box damaged which was still ok

And finally we never got it as Queen games LIED about it and mislead game collectors (like me) with their project on Kickstarter

But besides that, it shouldn't have any difference at all besides the poster & box cover

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
Vorpalgens wrote:
The collector's ed. (at least, the oes from Kickstarter) was supposed to be singed & numbered by the designer...

Then we were told that this would be done through a sticker because some people didn't want their box damaged which was still ok

And finally we never got it as Queen games LIED about it and mislead game collectors (like me) with their project on Kickstarter

But besides that, it shouldn't have any difference at all besides the poster & box cover

so yes, movie poster is in the box as well. There are pictures of it in a backer update on the game's KS page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Gozzi
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wopps.... sorry for the poster then my bad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Amundsen Østby
Norway
Langhus
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Vorpalgens wrote:
(...) And finally we never got it as Queen games LIED about it and mislead game collectors (like me) with their project on Kickstarter

I actually have signed one thousand stickers! So they do exist, somewhere. Unfortunately I do not know when they were sent out, but at least Queen games have no interest in holding on to them, even though they are really awesome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now if they would only quit holding on to the U.S. copies of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Possible
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch! That's one heck of a cramp!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvie Jarriell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bought the cheaper version, thanx for the info. I would have been upset paying an extra $9 for a poster and a possible limited number.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I bought the collector's Edition at Essen and there was no poster inside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben F
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Khonnor wrote:
Well I bought the collector's Edition at Essen and there was no poster inside.
Second that. Bought mine in the States last week: no poster (unless it's hiding under the insert...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Gozzi
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anaesthetic wrote:
Vorpalgens wrote:
(...) And finally we never got it as Queen games LIED about it and mislead game collectors (like me) with their project on Kickstarter

I actually have signed one thousand stickers! So they do exist, somewhere. Unfortunately I do not know when they were sent out, but at least Queen games have no interest in holding on to them, even though they are really awesome

Thx for the reply!!

That's very nice of you!!

Any chance that i can send you money to cover the shipping fees and you send me one of those?

Great game! but when it takes the designer himself to answer a very simple question that QG should have answered... i rest my case

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Amundsen Østby
Norway
Langhus
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Vorpalgens wrote:

Any chance that i can send you money to cover the shipping fees and you send me one of those?

I would if I had them I believe they arrived at the publisher a little late. The printing of the games had already been delayed, and the Kickstarter games were therefore sent out without the stickers to avoid further delay of the games. I believe Queen's plan was to send the stickers out to the Kickstarter preorders afterwards, but obviously there has been a problem with the logistics.

About the "Collector's edition": I think the main difference is the gold foiled box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.