Subject: Flight pegs too big for hole in flying units rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
I got replacement units and flight stands for my broken flight stands, pictured below.

The flight pegs ('sticks') are too big for the holes drilled into the purple Scourge and red Wraith, however. Are there smaller flight pegs I can buy/request, or what do I use to make the hole bigger?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr
Poland
Gdańsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Take some skewer, lead it to glowing and make holes bigger ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Love
United States
Clarkston
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same problem. The plastic is soft naturally, but if you run the miniatures under hot water for a bit, then try to put the flight stands in while the plastic is soft, it should fit in easier. It worked for me. Unfortunately, the Scourges and Wraiths do not have much "padding" for mistakes. If the hot water doesn't work, I would use a nail file and file down the tip of the flight stand it's self.
EDIT: File the tips down slowly, fitting them to the miniature often, as not to file them too much and make them loose.
Hope that works!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd suggest making the pegs smaller rather than the holes bigger, like Joshua said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Towns
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
another vote for filing
I had the same problem with my ships when I got the game. What I did was file down the plastic VERY slowly using a fingernail clipper nail file just like others have suggested. Once I got a ship and peg matched, I added a drop of Super Glue to the peg and attached the ship. It's not perfect, but it's worked real well for me. I have very little craft skill, so it's not hard at all trust me. Just file SLOWLY.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Brozik
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
selwyth wrote:
I got replacement units and flight stands for my broken flight stands, pictured below.

The flight pegs ('sticks') are too big for the holes drilled into the purple Scourge and red Wraith, however. Are there smaller flight pegs I can buy/request, or what do I use to make the hole bigger?

Did you just get these from FFG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.