Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Davis
United States
Corona
California [CA]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now this article is written the other way around but still.

Its a great turn based strategy video game i think more people should play

go check it out
http://www.gamesradar.com/xcom-enemy-unknown-try-board-game-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konata
United States
Highlands Ranch
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I am all for people playing more XCOM, I find this comparison to be terrible at best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Konata wrote:
While I am all for people playing more XCOM, I find this comparison to be terrible at best.

Yeah, there is zero threading these things together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Davis
United States
Corona
California [CA]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Konata wrote:

There is tension in both. I am just always happy to see people playing board games looking into video games and video games looking at board games beyond the likes of sorry and monopoly.

edit: spelling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you love Pandemic you will love rebuilding a carburetor! Both require using your hands. In fact, I once cut my hand working on my car and developed an infection...that's like Pandemic...right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wookie1 wrote:
If you love Pandemic you will love rebuilding a carburetor! Both require using your hands. In fact, I once cut my hand working on my car and developed an infection...that's like Pandemic...right?

I almost peed myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Davis
United States
Corona
California [CA]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wookie1 wrote:

Exactly.arrrh

I thought it was an interesting article that's all. Why all the hate.
I love pandemic and love xcom maybe more people would love both
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen McHale
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
L0sther0 wrote:
wookie1 wrote:

Why all the hate.

I think it is because many times on this site you will see people saying if you like X then you will like Y. Y is a better a game. Only to find out that they are nothing alike and the person saying it is the game designer/publisher of Y. Happened recently in Ticket to Ride.

BTW. I am not saying you did this, just why some (myself included) people are leery of the practice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Ihaveadog
APO/FPO
msg tools
I can really see the parallel between the two. If the opposing forces (aliens in XCOM, epidemics in Pandemic) were reversed the games would be identical. I haven't played Enemy Unknown, but I am a frothing gibbering fan of XCOM: Ufo Defense, the game that came out back in the DOS days. I challenge anyone to find a better turn-based strategy game, anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Hoffpauir
United States
Lake Charles
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can certainly see a connection between the games. Although Target: Earth is an almost perfect recreation of the XCOM experience in boardgame form.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Textor
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
L0sther0 wrote:

I thought it was an interesting article that's all. Why all the hate.
I love pandemic and love xcom maybe more people would love both

Thanks for sharing the link Jeremy. I know nothing about video games and never even played them growing up so it was an interesting introduction for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.