Tronia
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neal - Germans/defend (victor!)
Michael - Americans/attack

Unfortunately I did not spend the time to take pictures and draw up dynamic movement/fire charts, so this one will be short...but the ending was quite interesting. But here's how it went down...

I mainly set up my German forces in the objective 5 building with some backup units on my flanks to prevent the American's from making end runs to force a potential S.D. victory from capturing all the objectives.

Michael pushed up the center very slowly and all but ignored his flanks although he did set up units on either side. We exchanged fire and casualties, including one of his lone squads taking out one of my hexes containing a 2 leader, squad/LMG, team/HMG. Gah!!! That loss was rough...but I soldiered on.

Time! triggers came hot and heavy again this scenario, and snipers triggers were dropping like rain from the sky. There was no hope of me taking Obj 5 once I lost the units above in melee, so I slowly drew back giving him the Obj 5 building so I could delay long enough for a SD roll to end the game. During this time he ended up drawing 2 secret objective chits. Had I known what was on those chits I would not have withdrawn from Obj 5.

We exchanged more fire and he was too timid (IMO) in his assault based on how the turns were marching along. Then the following happens:

-It's turn 7 (past SD)
-I have one card left in my draw deck.
-He plays a Fire card, but does not like the roll.
-He plays the Initiative card handing it to me. (HUGE error knowing we are in SD and I have one card in my draw deck!)
-He rerolls.
-I draw my last remaining card to resolve morale.
-Time!
-Turn 8, I roll for SD and roll a 6.
-Game over, Germans win with 10-15 VP (something in that range).
-Not so fast my friend. He flips over the two secret objectives.
-Final result is VP=0...a tie.
-Not so fast my friend. I hold up the Initiative card he just handed me.
-He slaps forehead.
-Game over. laugh

I never thought I'd see this situation arise, but it did.

Was a wild game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent! It's stuff like that that makes this game so awesome! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect !

Sometimes that initiative card is SO important !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.