Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerry White
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mb
Ok....I think I know the answer to this question....in rule 4.1.4.1.3 Building Hexes: it states "Roads and Paths in a hex negate the blocking effects for units spotting along a straight line into or through a building hex."

I think that this means that if I am looking down a road and the road passes through a building hex in a straight line from my unit to the target unit (somewhere on the other side of the building hex) then the buildings do not block the LOS. If I am looking at any other angle into the hex, not along the road, the building do block the LOS. How about if the road/path does not exit the building hex at 180 degrees but the road/path turns and exits a different hexside? do the building block the LOS then?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Tyman
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I had asked a similar question on consimworld using the base map as an example. Here are the answers provided by Jim:

Quote:
Case 1: Can a unit in 3116 spot a unit in building hex 3415, because the intervening building hex 3315 has a road through it?

Yes

Case 2: Can a unit in 3116 spot a unit in building hex 3514, because the intervening building hex 3315 has a road through it and the building hex 3415 has a road into itself but not through?

No
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry White
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks Martin....That is what I thought but just wanted to get some verification...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, how about this one from Map 12 which is causing us problems because the road does not cross the opposing sides of the hexes (I will try and remember to crosspost to the correct expansion):
Where along this stretch does the LOS from 12S7 get blocked:
U7-V7-W7-X7-Y7-Z7-AA7-BB7-CC7-DD7?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
WBRP wrote:
Okay, how about this one from Map 12 which is causing us problems because the road does not cross the opposing sides of the hexes (I will try and remember to crosspost to the correct expansion):
Where along this stretch does the LOS from 12S7 get blocked:
U7-V7-W7-X7-Y7-Z7-AA7-BB7-CC7-DD7?

Good into 12X7; after that blocked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.