Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julian Jimenez
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I recently picked up God Slayer after already having Storm of Souls. I noticed a pretty noticeable difference in the cardstock between the two. I definitely like the Godslayer thickness better, but it doesn't match storm of souls or the other recent expansion.

I'm considering getting the second edition and trading my first edition if the stock is the same as the other expansions but I don't know how to tell the difference between first and second edition.

So how do you tell the difference exactly by looking at the box on the shelf?

Thanks.

p.s. What is a "cube"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brewtal_Legend wrote:
I recently picked up God Slayer after already having Storm of Souls. I noticed a pretty noticeable difference in the cardstock between the two. I definitely like the Godslayer thickness better, but it doesn't match storm of souls or the other recent expansion.

I'm considering getting the second edition and trading my first edition if the stock is the same as the other expansions but I don't know how to tell the difference between first and second edition.

So how do you tell the difference exactly by looking at the box on the shelf?

Thanks.

p.s. What is a "cube"?
2nd edition box will say "2nd edition" eitther on the rulebook or box (can't remember where). This is according to some1 @Gary Games. 2nd edition also has the updated/errata-ed Runic Lycanthorpe card, with flavor text! +2 power if you've played ANOTHER life bound Hero this turn, instead of just saying A life bound hero.

As for "cube", it's a predefined set of cards that go into the portal/draw deck. When u have more than 1.5 large expansions, u only see a small fraction of cards, so these presets help drone a theme and/or playstyle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
2nd edition box will say "2nd edition" eitther on the rulebook or box (can't remember where).

Its on the box. Bottom right corner of the cover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
I have never lost at Ascension nor Shards of Infinity.
badge
mbmbmb
Look for this logo:

More details can be found here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So would any purchase made from a retail or online store for a new copy be second edition at this point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruiser419 wrote:
So would any purchase made from a retail or online store for a new copy be second edition at this point?
Should be, but not sure. You should be able to ask for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Brannon
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Huuuze wrote:
Look for this logo:

More details can be found here.

The images and link in the post are broken can anyone help me out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shino353 wrote:
The images and link in the post are broken can anyone help me out?

There is a logo for the second edition and third edition on the box front. See the lower right of this third edition cover:

Looks like BGG doesn't have a picture of the second edition cover, but you get the idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.