Galen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the uberplay version with rules on passing and everyone but the winner gets half of their money back. Is that the case for the most recent version too? I was wondering if I played it wrong years ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
galeninjapan wrote:
I have the uberplay version with rules on passing and everyone but the winner gets half of their money back. Is that the case for the most recent version too? I was wondering if I played it wrong years ago.
The latest Uberplay version (what I have) do indeed say that, but you left out that those that get half their money is in their favor (so half rounded up, e.g. I bid $5, I get $3 back).

IIRC, the latest version is by Fred/Gyrphoon Games, and the only difference is you get half your $$ rounded DOWN.

It turns out Uberplay alone had alot of variations of the rules for the game....
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/36147/item/778435#item...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rounding is discussed in several threads. This post is one to focus on because it includes information from the designer.

Re: Original bidding rules . . . how do they work?

and note this quote from the post immediately above that one, suggesting how confusion arose.

fnord23 wrote:
The first Uberplay ruleset had the rule worded one way, but the example worked the oopposite way.

Edit:
I see now that the post I linked actually links back itself to 2 other important posts as the source of information from the designer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.