Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy arrived ($45 Edition), but there is nothing in the shipping box besides the actual sealed game. Is that right? There is nothing extra (aside from getting it early) for the folks who paid $45 compared to the version being advertised here in the BGG Marketplace for $25? All upgrades and additions from the KickStarter campaign were included in all copies of the game?

Was there supposed to be a fifth player? What did that cost?

Thanks for the thoughts and help understanding if I got what I was supposed to get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Fordham
United States
Rome
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Check out the KS page for the info you seek--I think your rewards are INSIDE the sealed game.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/167427101/pirate-dice-vo...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing not in the game box was the 5th player expansion, which was a separate cost. All of your KS bonuses should be in your game box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick replies. I'm actually not able to view a lot of the messages on Kickstarter because I backed the game at the $45 level during the KickStarter campaign but outside of the normal KickStarter channel, hence some of my confusion.

I never knew there was a fifth player expansion option.

So if I may ask: (1) What did that cost, (2) is it too late to get it, (3) is there a difference then, between the Kickstarter versions of the sealed box and the regular retail versions of the sealed box, and (4) how does one tell the difference from the outside of the box?

I haven't opened this copy yet, was considering giving it as a holiday gift, and want to make sure I understand and received what I expected. Normally when I Kickstart a game, the promotional stuff is outside the sealed box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
♜ ♞ ♝ ♛ ♚ ♝ ♞ ♜ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟
badge
♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
mbmbmbmbmb
Blue Steel wrote:
I never knew there was a fifth player expansion option.

So if I may ask: (1) What did that cost

$5.99
Blue Steel wrote:
(2) is it too late to get it

I think so, yes. However, we're expecting that a limited number will be made available in the future.

Blue Steel wrote:
(3) is there a difference then, between the Kickstarter versions of the sealed box and the regular retail versions of the sealed box

Yes -- the Kickstarter version includes 6 extra maps inside, and 2 extra dice.

Blue Steel wrote:
(4) how does one tell the difference from the outside of the box?

Hmmm.... shake it? Besides comparing the weights, I don't think there's any way to tell without breaking the shrinkwrap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the fast reply, Clint. I'll email customer support and see if they can help me more. It's kind of a pain KickStarting outside the normal channel: I can't see any of the backers only messages, even though I backed during the campaign, so the possibilities with the printing error, and all that kind of stuff is tricky for me to figure out.

Congratulations on the game, by the way! It looks like tons of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zawadi Svela
Norway
Skjetten
flag msg tools
mbmb
HanClinto wrote:

Blue Steel wrote:

I think so, yes. However, we're expecting that a limited number will be made available in the future.

I was under the impression that it's possible to buy it when one pays for shipping for the extra Capture the Treasure tiles and have them shipped together?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
♜ ♞ ♝ ♛ ♚ ♝ ♞ ♜ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟
badge
♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
mbmbmbmbmb
Hvazadi wrote:
HanClinto wrote:

Blue Steel wrote:

I was under the impression that it's possible to buy it when one pays for shipping for the extra Capture the Treasure tiles and have them shipped together?

Oh that may be -- I hadn't heard about that. It's worth looking into.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zawadi Svela
Norway
Skjetten
flag msg tools
mbmb
It's mentioned in a "backer only" updates though, so if Ben can't see it, maybe Clint could GM it to him?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.