Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, this is NOT a review of the game play, that will come later. What this is though, is my experience that led me to purchase the game, and my take on the components, etc.

I'm not sure how I originally came across this game, but after reading through 40 plus pages of posts...twice, and browsing the images, I decided to take the plunge. I purchased DoD, RtC, and 2 assault packs and 2 extra leaders. I also got the gamemaster add on. I placed my order on a Thursday, it got picked up by UPS on Friday, got lost in MD on Tuesday, and arrived at my place on the following Thursday.

I opened the packs and discovered that one of the figures was missing. After trying to contact LBG via email (no phone number listed) and having that email blocked as spam, I finally worked with K. Duke here on BGG who managed to get me the missing figure. That took another week.

Well now I have my stuff, so I decided to clean it up from the laser dust. I started off using dry paper towels. That didn't work very well. Moved on to damp paper towels and after I went through 5 or 6 I finally moved on to the micro fiber cloths. Three and a half hours later, 2 cloths and 2 Manhattans later I finally got everything pretty much (but not 100 percent) cleaned up.

A few days later I was ready to move on to the rules. Lets be honest here, a version 1.8 or 2.0 is needed. I read through them several times, checked the various examples both on line and included in the box and finally was ready to mount the figures onto their bases. I couldn't find any BluTac but found a similar product. After reading about some problems with the included glue dots, I thought this was a better way to go. Here's where I discovered that one of my leaders is armed with an smg...but the figures supplied are rifle armed.

I'll try to contact LBG again to see if I can get a replacement figure.

Well, I had the game set up for about a week, ran through several turns, but had to take it down for a while. Thanksgiving and every weekend until 2013 are booked and the ultimate weapon...our cat, preclude me from keeping this up and actually playing it until then. The components are good. The boards are firm, but a little too glossy for me. I would have preferred a matte finish to better show the figures. The figures are well done. I have no patience, skill or time to paint...but I can appreciate a good job. The cost is a possible barrier. I can purchase a painted, based and flocked figure for between 5 and 8 dollars. Of course it doesn't have the cards that go with it. So, I want to like this game...but I'll have to wait a few more weeks to really give it a go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
I might have waited for a gameplay experience in order to do a proper review, and then added your thoughts on the components & customer service to that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Davis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I second that. This is in the Review Forum and until it's a proper review, it's quite misleading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
I will say I have played it several times since purchasing it at BGG con. It is quite fun to say the least. Unlike the reviewer, I think the glossy finish on the tiles is top notch. Beware: If you like the base game you may be compelled to start buying all the cool expansions, as I did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Senn
United States
Fort Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i would like to see more reviews based on the base game alone. no extras. people shouldnt be afraid to write about a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.