A T
United States
California
flag msg tools
It's a card game with a Japanese setting (if not Japanese, something in the Orients). I remember samurais and either shoguns or dojos (yea...). It has been too long since I have played and I have attempted to look it up with no avail. If I can think of anything else to add to this, I will try.

--- edit ---
PS. By the way, there is no board to this game. I remember a medium size box with cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please give us more information. What did you do with these cards? How did you play or win the game? Was this a card game only, or was there a board, too? Any bit of information helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Could it be this one? Honor of the Samurai

I remember that it was in pretty wide distribution at the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A T
United States
California
flag msg tools
lol, was editing when you posted your reply. I'm still trying to remember what the game was about. I'll update the first post in a few minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Reynolds
Georgia
Brezhnevograd
Former Upper Caucasus
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Shogun - Samurai Swords - Ikusa?
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameversion/26194/milton-bradl...

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/221/ikusa

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A T
United States
California
flag msg tools
grandslam wrote:
Could it be this one? Honor of the Samurai

I remember that it was in pretty wide distribution at the time.

Oh wow, I think that was the game. I don't remember dice, but my cousins and I may have not been playing with them since we probably lost them at some point. The card work looks familiar. Going to read about it and see if it is the one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A T
United States
California
flag msg tools
Thanks grandslam, this may actually be the game. I'll have to consult with my cousins.

@Rgordon, I wish we had Ikura, that would have been fun to play at 12-14 years old. XD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manning
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Legend of the Five Rings?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A T
United States
California
flag msg tools
Thank you rmanning, but I don't remember us having to open packets. It was just a small box card game. Looking at the five ring game, none of the cards seem familiar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.