Hide
5 Posts

Commands & Colors: Napoleonics» Forums » Rules

Subject: Range rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Davies
msg tools
Hi, I know that normal infantry have a firing range of two hexes. My question is what counts as two hexes away?

If my infantry is firing on a enemy unit and they don't move, how many chances do they get to shoot before theenemy are in an adjacent hex and able to engage in melee attack?

My infantry are in hex number 1, adjacent hex is number 2, adjacent to that in the same direction is hex 3 and next to that hex 4.

If I am in hex one can I shoot into hex 4, there are 2 clear hexes between the target and the firing unit. Or is it that my range only extends as far hex 3 with one clear hex between the target and myself?

I hope that's clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Hughes
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At the moment when you make the shot, count the number of hexes between the firing unit and the target unit. Do not count the firing unit's hex, DO count the target unit's hex.

(A two hex range could hit a unit that is adjacent to the firer, or one hex further away from adjacent.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Hughes
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

A visual example - a unit in the center hex (4,2) that has a range of two hexes can hit a unit in any of the other hexes shown, but nothing further away.

(ignore all the numbers - this is the only hex graphic I could find on short notice... )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To quote from the rulebook
When counting the range in hexes, include the target unit’s hex, but not the firing unit’s hex."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agung Waspodo
Indonesia
Depok
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Troy, thanks for your hex-map..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.