Jesse Carroll
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased MOV and have been reviewing the rules for the standard game. I am going to introduce it to my game group on Sunday.

I was wondering how much money on average players will end up with at the end of the game?

It sort of feels like there will be an early game of exploring and meeting new races. A mid game of quick buying and selling to generate revenue and improve ship tech. Then an end game of higher level transactions and completing missions.

I thought it might help to let the players know what an average amount of money would be.

Thanks for any input.
Looking forward to trying this out.
Jesse

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amos
United States
Bement
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: End Game - How much Money will you have?
I just played my first game last night. Are you talking base money or money + fame converted to money for a final score?

Our base money counts ranged from about 1,500 to 1,920. Fame added anywhere from a couple hundred credits to around 800+. Winning score was 2,720.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Carroll
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Amos,
That's what I was looking for.
We finished our first game on Sunday. I gave all the players a c400 boost, from the light speed variant, but only that. I wanted to make sure we had lots of money to try everything out so our final results are going to be a little skewed.
Player 1 34 fame, rolled doubles with Fuzzy Dice, c1600 on hand, final c2280.
Player 2 35 fame, fuzzy dice, c1630 on hand, final c1980.
Player 3 30 fame, no dice, c1720 on hand, final c2020.
Player 4 66 fame, fuzzy dice, c2310 on hand, final c2970.
Player 4 had the archeologist title and the top shelf mechanic reward.

Game took 4.5 hours. Slow first half and rapid second half.

Jesse

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.